Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Foolin'...

So whasup? Whacha' doin' t'day? I'm a gonna wear my clothes wrong side out. Well the paint splatters and stains won't be noticed that a way. Oh, well, never mind the seams. That's in style don'tcha know it. (I hope you're reading all of this in a nasal twangy tone) What foolin' trick are you gonna play? I'm gonna tell my kids there's a puppy in the backyard! oooooo, I love puppies. (Well, every beautifully decorated home has one...a puppy, dog, whatever... Haven't you noticed?) I'll let them down (the kids I mean) easy though when I shout out April Fool!
And let's see...oh, yes, I'm gonna wish Myla a very Happy Happy Birthday, AND now that ain't (oh it felt good to type that, I don't say that word) ain't (there it is again) no foolin'.
So whasup? Whacha' doin' t'day? Gonna play any good jokes. Or has one been played on you? I wanna know it don'tcha' know. (don't forget the nasal twangy tone)
Happy April Fool's Day.
Let me hear it from ya.
Love, Rachel

P.S. I am NOT going to tell my kids there is a puppy in the backyard. They would be veeeeerrrrrry sad. NO Foolin'!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be an old curmudgeon because I don't play jokes on people.

I think every house needs a puppy, so you could surprise your kids with one! I know where you could get a bulldog!

Have a Happy April Fool's Day. LSH

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

How 'bout if I put on a big ol' ugly hat and mismatched shoes with thigh-high hose rolled down around my ankles... We could go out for tea... and talk in real, loud nasally, twangy voices to annoy all those around us... smacking bubble-gum all the time, except, of course, when we want to take a bite of our tea things... then we'd just still our big ol' wads of bubble-gum on the side of our saucers to save for later... and just embarrass our children plum' to death! How 'bout that? Wouldn't that be fun? Let's do it!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Cute post, Rachel!
Love the mask - so pretty.
Don't think I'll be playing any April Fool's jokes, and I really hope no one plays any on me that aren't light hearted, of course!
Happy day ~ Have fun.
xoxo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

I just now realized from reading this that it's April Fool's Day, and it's after noon! Can't believe that. Well, thanks for reminding me in case somebody fools me and I have no idea what they're doing.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Whew! Was I ever glad to read your P.S.!!! I could just imagine how disappointed your kiddos would have been looking for a nonexistent dog in the backyard! But I also knew you would never do that to them - or you!

Have a fun day!

Love, Esther

Esther Sunday said...

Hi Rachel - my daughter got her widom teeth pulled today - and that is no joke! Think she would like it to be! I enjoyed reading about you in the below post. I love your creativity! The designing/sewing that you do must be very rewarding! Pics sometime, please! Love, Esther

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi!
Thank you for your visit and sweet comment in my blog..!
Your blog looks so cute, now I´m gonna look some more :)
Have a nice evening,
Mia "Lilla Blanka of Sweden"

Anonymous said...

I've only been out of the house to pick up my daughter from school today. I suppose I could play a trick on the dog? Mmmmmm...would he know (or care)!

Manuela

P.S. I had fun reading your post!

Farrah said...

LOL!

I was still in bed and called Hubby. I told him to go and get me a big bowl as I was feeling sick. Poor guy! Got him good! Don't feel too bad for him, he loves that I have a sense of humor. :-) One year in high school I April Fooled some of my teachers. It's some of the funniest memories I have. They didn't see it coming, as I was one of those good, quiet, straight A students. It was hilarious!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you are having fun today!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL,I CALLED THE PANTER AFTER HE HAD FINISHED PAINTING THE STEPS GOING INTO THE BASEMENT, AND ASK IF HE HAD ANY PAINT TO TOUCH UP WHERE I HAD ACCIDENTLY STEPPED . WE HAD A BIG LAUGH. I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT IF HE DIDN'T HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR. KEITH

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Tag! You're it! (See my latest post.)