Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tagged Times Two...And My Life Motto in Six Words. OK, is that possible?

Well you guys, you're going to know way more about me than you've ever cared to know this week...it's been full of info! Here are a few more tidbits about me because I've been tagged again! Two times to be exact!


The first tag is from
Karla at Ramblin' Roads.
Rules First:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about themselves.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog, and play along.

What I was doing 10 years ago...
Wishing to go away on my children's spring break to visit my mother and my daddy, of course. It wasn't possible that year. She was gone in July.

Five things on my to do list today...
Kiss Mr. Romantic Porch
Hold Miss Romantic Porch Princess
Hug both Mr. Romantic Porch Princes
Look for Spring flowers
Realize that this is the only moment I am promised and make the best of it



Snacks that I enjoy...
Snacks eaten on A Romantic Porch
Snacks eaten during family fun
Snacks eaten when I'm visiting with Mr. Romantic Porch
Snacks eaten around a campfire on a cold evening
POPCORN


Things I would do if I were a billionaire...
Set up a trust account (is that what it's called?) where the money is always there, generating interest to be used for good causes
Use the interest to feed all the hungry kids in Africa...my leftovers just never look that appetizing!
Once again use the interest to feed all the hungry kids here at A Romantic Porch
And with the interest provide a large warm place of shelter with lots of yummy food for those in need
Let's see, MORE interest available...hum the mortgage...nah, I'd rather give it to my brother and sister in law's Latin American Outreach


Three of my bad habits...
Really? Only three? OK!
Driving you guys crazy with the way I play these tag games
Crunching ice

Five places I've lived
At home with my mother and daddy
In a college dorm room, with great girlfriends
In a duplex with Mr. Romantic Porch
In an upstairs apartment once again with Mr. Romantic Porch
Here at home with two romantic porches (a girl can wish can't she) and my very own Romantic Porch family


Five jobs I've had
Booboo kisser
Sporting event attender
Nighttime "tucker-in-ner"
Endless listener
Prayer warrior


Five people I want to know more about (a nice way to say tag!)
Cheryl
Diane
Donnie
Esther
Keith




What? You don't have blogs? Well I'll be...thanks for playing along!
Wow! I'm feeling breathless from all this running around and chasing about playing tag! I'll have to admit, it is great exercise though. Tara from Days Missed on a Hammock, tagged me to give my life's philosophy in 6 words. Hhhmmmm...how 'bout


"If you need something, do without!"
OR
"Necessity is the Mother of invention!"


Oh, I like this one.
"Shop till you drop, my dear!"
...at every thrifting place possible, of course!

Then there is...
"Live, laugh, love yourself like crazy!"

Can't leave this out...
"A romantic porch, a favorite place."
Well, I guess that's just a comment, not a philosophy. Isn't it?


Really you know I'm just having fun with you, right?

With a serious face...
I would probably sum up my philosophy during this time of my life as...
..."Be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another!"
That took some energy.
Whew, I think I'll sit down on the porch and take a little rest!
Wanna join me? I'm serving pink lemonade! If I fall asleep and take a little snooze, don't worry, I'll wake up in four or five days, I'm sure! I'll be back rested and ready to play again!
Have a fabulous day!
Love, Rachel
P.S. In case Diane celebrates her anniversary before I wake up, tell her I said, "Happy Anniversary"! K? OK! zzzzzzzzz

19 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I'm so glad you could take a break from eating bonbons to chase us 'round and 'round the Romantic Porch!

You haven't come up with a cure for the common cold while you're at it, have you? I am simply miserable today!

Ronda said...

Wow ...That was quite interesting! I loved your "jobs"...the most important jobs in the world! I also enjoyed your "titles"! Great "mottos", too!(Oh and one of these days "Diane" needs to get a blog....don't ya think? Hopefully we are talking about the same "Diane"! ha! This one really enjoys your blog!) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful post, Rachel! You're too much fun. And I love all your thoughts!

Hope you have a fun few days dozing!

Love, Esther

Farrah said...

You were very creative with your answers! Mine is up too! :-)

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, WHAT A FUN WAY TO PLAY TAG. I ENJOY LEARNING THE THINGS ABOUT YOU. EVEN THOUGH YOU THINK YOU KNOW SOMEONE THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO FIND OUT. YOU HAVE A LOT OF WOUNDERFUL THOUGHTS IN THIS POST . I LIKE THE PICTURES ALSO. KEITH

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You've had the best jobs in the world!

I loved this post. You are so creative it was a joy to read!

Happy Spring,
Melissa

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love the way you do your meme's, always so fun!

Katherine

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel (I couldn't stay away!),
I am not surprised by any of this - except - you chew ice? Had to give you a hard time. I so enjoyed this post!
Happy night!
xoxo~Tracie

CIELO said...

Rachael you are so cute! I love your post, and knowing a little more about you.... are those your feet on the mud???? I bet it felt wonderdul to play with mud....

Well, give your Romantic Porch Princess a hug for me too, will you!

and you have a wonderful day, my dear...

cielo

Anonymous said...

Well, you had a little fun! You must be in a good mood. Take a snooze. All that thinking seems to tire me out, personally.
Brenda

Elzie said...

How nice to read all this about you.
Hope you have a great Friday.
Love Elzie

Anonymous said...

Oh my fave is popcorn too!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Ronda said...

Hope that you are having a nice "snooze"...Missing ya!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hello Ms Romantic Porch! Check out the and new Luxe Dress Sandals by Brighton with a pretty little heel and a silver heart with bling. So pretty and lttle bit flirty!

XO
Brook

Tara said...

Rachel

Thanks for playing along! You had so many good ideas, it took me so long to coem up with one! And my fave job you have had--booboo kisser! Hee-hee! Just great!

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

I'm finally back and I have missed this crazy blogging world!

Great memes!!
I hope I get that house too ;)

xo,
rue :)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
Just wondering how things are in your neck of the woods...
xoxo, Tracie

CIELO said...

Came again to see what are you up to... hope everything is good.

cielo

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read! Hope you've had a nice rest from all that running around - tag is such a tiring game!

Manuela