Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hurry Hurry! Updated

So much to do...so little time to do it!



I like to look for a miracle every day.



Maybe today, getting it all done will be the miracle!

Just in from a tiny break...how do you like the two tone carriage house? Soon it will ALL be pale sage green! Can't wait about that!

It looks beige here, but it's really sage green. I can't wait to plant pink flowers. Even Mr. Romantic Porch wants pink! We're good to go then! See my old bicycle in the background? I've got a plan in my head for that too.


Oh my, then there is this! Just one small section at a time please! This takes courage. I found out several years ago, when Mr. Romantic Porch set up the scaffold for me to strip about 12 (yes 12) layers of wallpaper from the front stairway, I'm not afraid of heights, I'm just afraid of falling! With that in mind, up on the "housetop" I go...well at least one level of several. Off with the old "modern" siding of the 1950's and back to the original of 1904. Why? Well...that's just what we want! We'd held out hope for several years to have the siding restored by a professional restorationist (I think that is a word!), but as you know, life happens while you're making plans, so in spare time...here we go! Hip hip hooray...I'm on my way!

Have a wonderful day and keep me in your prayers!

Love, Rachel

18 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a sweet little coloring in!!
An artist in the making
Alison

Anonymous said...

Love the artist and her work!

Hope you get it all done!

Love, Esther

Ronda said...

That is the motto of my life!!!!!Hope you accomplish just what you need to today!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Wow!! I just bumped into your blog. It is beautiful! Have a good day!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Rachel your porch and purse is just lovely but that special little lady coloring is lovlier.

Hugs
Brook

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

How about lovelier!
Brook

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Hope you're having a great day!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Wow!! Rachel, I can't wait to see you completed project. You are taking on a lot. Just be very.. careful on that ladder!! Have a great day!! Terrie

Anonymous said...

Oh, my WORD, Rachel! That is looking BEAUTIFUL!!!! I just wish I were there helping! That would be sooo fun! It is really, really pretty!

But no matter how pretty it is, do NOT fall! We better set up a prayer chain! :)

Love, Esther

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Oh it's looking fabulous Rachel!!! I'm so happy for you! That is a real job but it is truly looking great and will be a good investment for you. Thanks for stopping by so I could see what you were up to!!

Love
Brook

Ronda said...

How very neat...You are one BRAVE and creative lady...LOVE the "sage green" color that you chose...That will look so pretty with pink flowers! I can already envision just how neat the bike will look! I am glad that you told me to drop back by! How fun!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

It's looking "totally fab"!! I love to see the progress you're making!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oooh, you be careful lady,
I'm with you, not afraid of heights but the consequences of my actions!
Love that old bike - can't wait to see what you do with it.
I really think the carriage house will match my house don't you? Really, that's going to look lovely with pink flowers, how exciting, lots of plans - how fun.
I will be looking forward to the finished product, Rachel.
xoxo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I spotted a Shannon-mobile while on my walk this morning. Come by and look when you get a moment away from your project (while on a break...). Do you get breaks? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Can't wait to see the new old siding (did I say that right?) We would love to have our home sided but it's not in our budget right now. Maybe some day. I too have an old bicycle and have plans for it.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Rachel,
I so love visiting you! I am amazed at what you are doing on your home, it takes a brave woman to stand up there and work on the siding, so proud of you! You have totally inspired me to paint my own home, we really can't afford to pay someone $6,000 to do it...so I will pressure wash and paint it myself this summer, after seeing yours, why not?!!! You go girl!!! Hugs to you, Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, I LIKE SEEING WHAT YOU ARE DOING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son, Daniel, and his team winning the "Battle of the Books" contest. Saw his picture in the paper. What a nice young man to be proud of!