Friday, April 11, 2008

For Your Viewing Pleasure

I know I keep showing you this one end of the buffet in the dining room. It seems that I'm always experimenting here with different "looks". Sorry if you are tired of it. I just loved the way these pedestal bowls looked all stacked together, and I thought you might enjoy it too. In a few days, I will probably put a glass tray between the layers. Maybe I'll remember to show you that.
Here is another fabulous old house with a romantic porch. Don't you just love it? I have never seen beveled windows like the ones on the second story, far left side. The character and craftsmanship of many old homes are truly a wonder.

There is so much pain, sorrow and suffering all around. I hope that these two pictures with items that were of interest to me will be interesting to you too. I'm always on a treasure hunt for interesting things to keep my brain active and bring a small joy to those around me.

Have a happy treasure hunting day!

Love, Rachel



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I love your buffet post. You know what else you could do that would be pretty, is fill the clear one with seashells for the summer. I love to decorate with shells and it's inexpensive. Have a wonderfully blessed day. You are right, there is so much sorrow around us. We have to stay focused on GOD and that he is who he says he is and that the battle has already been won.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Hope said...

Hi Rachel,
It's always a breath of fresh air here at your blog! Thank you for stopping by to check on me! :O)

Hugs,
Hope

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
I love your buffet - it's great to change things around.
Hey, I love that house too - now I could make some real tasty biscuits in that house, it's just lovely as can be!
xoxo~Tracie

Dori Overman said...

I SO love that old white frame on your buffet...if you ever decide to sell it in your botique PLEASE let me know. I've kinda given up on decorating my house for several years now. I have a big closet in the hall full of boxes of pretty stuff that I can take ou and look at once in a while. Garrett prevents us from decorating (for obvious reasons!) but I can always dream...and he's pretty good abotu leaving things hanging on walls even if I can't decorate surfaces! But don't be confused...he's WAY worth having a boring house!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the look of the vignette on your buffet! And that house is gorgous!
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. come sign up for my 200 post giveaway!

Ronda said...

Loved the stacked pedestals on your buffet and that house is just so beautiful! I like the way your blog was described by Hope..."a breath of fresh air"! I so agree! Hope that you are having a good day....

Farrah said...

My first thought was, "What a gorgeous stand!" But on closer inspection, I have to be honest, it scared me! LOL! To me it looks like the top two could slip sideways and fall off at any moment! I have to say, you are very creative in ways that I am not, how you experiment with stacking dishes, plates, bowls on eachother. I would never think of doing that. It's a wonderful and useful decorating idea.

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, GREAT THOUGHTS AND PICTURES. I LIKE THE HOUSE. WHAT GREAT WORKMANSHIP. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Making my way around and reading wonderful blogs. Thanks so much for sharing..Beautiful pictures and lovely writting. Needed alittle sunshine. Found it here.