Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wait A Minute! Slow Down Please.

You know, I've told you before that I like to take pictures as I drive down the road taking my son to school, and as I go other places. I took this one the other day when I took the picture of the purple house. But yesterday I thought I would go back by and see if I could get a better shot of these fluffy flowering white trees against this red house. But...the trees were more leafed out and green. They didn't look quite the same. I'm so glad I quickly caught this look the other day.
I took this one the other day too...and once again, the same thing, the tulips are fading.

So yesterday, as I flew past this house, (it is the first house in this series of pictures) I snapped what I could of the vivid colors and the mix of flowers on the trees in this yard.

And I also snapped a quick photo of these beautiful pink wonders that line the street. The miraculous beauty of Spring takes my breath away. But it goes so quickly. I want it to slow down, so I can savor the wonder of it all a bit longer.

I've mentioned this before, that we are only promised THIS moment. Am I making the best of each one of them I ask myself? Is every moment counting for something? I'm not talking about being busy and getting things done which are important too, but building friendships and relationships...letting my children and husband know that I love them. Inhale, exhale. Feel that . It's a miracle. That is what we are promised right now, this moment. Spring is a vivid reminder of how quickly time is passing. Tomorrow, everything will all look different. I know! I see it all around. Savor this moment.

Well, back to the real world...enough of the sentimental emotions. I better let my kids know I care with a yummy breakfast.

Gotta scram. The sun's starting to burn the day away.

I hope it is happy for you. Hug and kiss everyone! Well, hug and kiss the ones you want too. Just go ahead and MAKE it be a happy day. I'm gonna work on that too!

Love, Rachel





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! And what sweet and wise admonition! Thank you for reminding us to live each moment to its fullest!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Love you! Esther

Unknown said...

Laurie, do you get up at 4am every day? I love the fact that you love to capture lovelies on camera. Great start to a beautiful day, thanks! Hope your day is filled with joy.
Hugs,
Liv

Ronda said...

SO true...what a beautiful reminder! I am off to hug my kids! Have a beautiful day!

Alison Gibbs said...

Great photos. Spring is like life it changes so quickly. You have to seize the moment before it goes.
Alison

Angela said...

Wonderful inspiring pics! Thanks so much for sharing this:-).
Have a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful spring. It is one season I miss--I also miss fall-I love fall!

Hope you've had a good day. LOL LSH

Unknown said...

These are beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Rose of Sharon said...

You are so cute the way you take pictures of the homes you love! I love that red house with the cream trim! I do believe we need to number our days and not waste our precious time that the Lord gave us!

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, GREAT POST AND PICTURES . KEITH

Kathi said...

I love the pictures you take Rachel. Thank you for sharing them.

Thanks for asking about me. I am finally getting better from this cold.

Hugs and smiles to you, Kathi

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Rachel,
I was sitting on my porch this morning thinking about the same things, how life is going so fast!
Thanks for reminding me to slow down and savor it all...I made my 20yr. old come hug and kiss me. Sometimes I forget to do that and before I know it he will be on his own and I won't have him right here with me to touch and talk to!
Bless you for a wonderful post,
Donna Lynn

Donna Lynn said...

Rachel, I left you an award on my blog, I hope I did it correctly!
If you don't want to do it thats OK, it is a ton of work...finally figured it out! At least read what I wrote about you, your head will swell!
Donna Lynn

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

Beautiful pictures! Spring is just beginning here :)

Have a beautiful night sweet lady!
hugs,
rue