Monday, April 28, 2008

Hello Monday!

Hands and fingers, knees and toes...(knees and toes?) Yes knees and toes!
Hands and fingers, knees and toes! Where oh where did my weekend go!? I hope you are singing along! Yes that is a tiny bit of sage green paint on the toenail! OOps so soorrry!
Remember this beauty? I showed (click and scroll to the second house down) it to you when it was OH so Cold, and nature was bare, covered with only a soft frosty blanket of white.
I love this beautiful weeping flower tree up near the porch.
To begin the week with news from "A Romantic Porch", I gasp to bring you word that this house shown above and in a previous posting, has been placed on the market! I am not joking. There are real estate signs in the yard. If my informant sources (the man who owned it standing on the sidewalk talking to passers~by) are correct, it has been in the same family since before the Civil War. Now that's just a FEW years, honey, to state it mildly. What else can I say except there it is, beauty and history all wrapped up in one complete package, ready for the taking!

Have a happy day, dear ones!
Love, Rachel

15 comments:

Dori Overman said...

Are ya gonna buy it? Huh? Huh? are ya? LOL It IS beautiful and would make a lovely B&B

The Going Blog said...

David gets to go tour it tomorrow. I'm so jealous. It has strict restrictions for potential buyers. There won't be any open houses either do to the antiques and other valuables.

Ronda said...

Cute little toes and sandles! Wonder if she will like shoes like her dear Mommy does?(Gotta love that little song, too!)
That house is SO very beautiful...I would love to peek inside!
Have an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Love the flip flops. Hey pop on over today, I think you'll enjoy my post.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful spring flowers and trees. God does a wondrous work through the cold dark winter days, then Spring burst forth in all her glory! I'm grateful to have a God that powerful.
Lovely Victorian House, maybe they will just trade it for yours!!!
Have a safe and wonderful day, Lord, keep her Hinds feet and Eagle wings strong.
Love you, Donnie

Kathi said...

Oh I love that house. I hope who ever buys it will love it like the previous owners have. Oh yes I was singing along with you. How cute. Love those sweet little feet too.

Kathi

joyh82 said...

Cute little feet! Love the flip
flops! I think that house is just
so pretty. I would love to see the inside.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's incredible. Can you get inside to get pictures? Thanks for sharing.

LSH :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot---...and eyes, and ears, and mouth, and nose ...

LSH :)

Debbie said...

Flip flops and cute! I love the house!!!! Would love to see the inside. I agree, it would make a lovely B & B.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Spring! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Darling flip-flops!

Have a fun day!

Esther

Anonymous said...

I think Dad and I would enjoy that for a retirement home. :~)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!
I LOVE that song and those little feet are toooooo cute!
What a gorgeous home! Can you imagine? Hopefully someone who is madly in love with it will become its' next owner.. keep us posted!
xo,
Kim

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a beautiful,place to be able to call home.
If only money weren't an option!!
Alison

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, NICE PICTURES AND POST. LET US KNOW IF IT SELLS. KEITH