Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kitty

This cat belongs to one of my sisters. Well...not really belongs to her, because it is a stray. But several years ago, it adopted my sister, and lives AT her house, not IN her house. My sister feeds it and cares for it. "Kitty" as the cat has come to be called, doesn't want to be held and remains quite aloof, but she sits at this door and cries when it is time to be fed. When "Kitty" first came and insisted on adopting my sister, it was evident she wasn't leaving. So the first time my sister had to go away for an extended period of time in the summer, she found a friend to come care for "Kitty" while she was gone. However after a few days the friend said that "Kitty" was gone. The friend was quite distraught because he had searched frantically through the whole neighborhood. But miraculously when my sister returned home, the cat reappeared within minutes. Across the years, this has been "Kitty's" pattern. My sister will find someone to care for her when she leaves, but to no avail because "Kitty" leaves too. And within a few minutes of my sister's arrival, Kitty comes "home".
I need to ask for a better picture of "Kitty". She's really quite pretty. What a funny kitty!
Just wanted to tell you that story! I think it is interesting.
Love, Rachel

11 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

My girls and I have enjoyed the story of "Kitty" for the past few years, too. It's interesting how she comes up in conversation every so often. Do post another picture you get one. This is the first picture I've seen of her!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Any story about a KITTY is a sweet and interesting one. Always! I love kittens and they love me.

Have a beautiful day Rachel!

Hugs
Brook

CIELO said...

Sweet story, Rachael! Hope everything is good and sunny on your side of the world....

If you have time, come and visit the house in the roses for we are having a dessert carnival… come and participate. It promises to be FANTASTIC!!!

Cielo

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think that cats are just old spirits that have found new souls. They are such odd creatures at times. And have strange habits. But I love my two. A cat is a cat and that is that.
Brenda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What an amazing story. That Kitty is one smart Cat!
Penny

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, THAT IS ONE SMART CAT. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
Stop by, you have been chosen to write a six word memoir.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Meggie said...

I don't think kitty goes away when your sister is away, it merely doesn't want to be seen. When things are back to normal and your sister returns, it's time to come out of hiding. I have five felines of my own and one who lives outside that I also feed. He's a beauty (I know it's a him because I trapped him and had him neutered.)but is quite aloof... comes to eat regularly but doesn't want to be petted...suns himself on my chaise lounge, but don't dare get near him. Love those creatures!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

So sweet,
That's the way it started with our Buttercup too. Your sister must be a very kind soul.
xo~Tracie

Farrah said...

What a neat story! :-)

Anonymous said...

Kitty is a wonderful cat. She is so grateful for her food. She will let my husband, at times, pick her up and hold her in his lap and let him pet her. However, he says a rug would be nice to have between her and his legs, as her claws are quite sharp! I'll see if I can get a better picture of her for you.
LSH