Friday, April 18, 2008

There's No Denying It!

These tiny flowers, with faces no bigger than a match head, amaze me. They grow in the front yard. I've got to get a better picture. I don't know what they are, I just know I love them. No question...Spring has "sprung"! There is no denying it!
I'm beside myself! If I was any happier about it, I'd have to be twins!
Spring is my favorite time of year! It is such an awesome expression of hope and renewal to me. It is a time to wake up and peel off the wraps of winter, and make new plans, forge ahead on old ones, and enjoy the fresh air...the smell of meat sizzling on the neighbor's grill in the cool evening breeze and hear the laughter of children released from the bondage of home and hearth.
The smallest bloom, no matter how tiny holds a place of admiration in my heart. They are miraculous expressions of creation. Look deep into the center of the petals and marvel at the intricate form.
In spare time, this is the back porch renewal. Drop by for a visit and a tall frosty glass of lemonade. I'd love to have a chat with you, and hear what's on your mind. The children are running laps around the backyard. I hear the bop bop swoosh of the basketball and joyful teenage yelps as another ball is perfectly placed in the basket.

Enjoy today. This moment. That's all we are promised. Look for a miracle everyday. They are all around us. I've shown you several right here! Neat huh?

What is your favorite time of the year?

Have a wonderful day.

Love, Rachel





P.S. Yes, we survived the earthquake. I didn't feel it. I was in the car on the interstate. Probably my speed and movement obscured the motion. What an unsettling experience for Mr. Romantic Porch though. The Romantic Porch teenagers slept on!


...as I was saying...it's all a miracle!

18 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Rachel Spring is a beautiful fresh time of year
I love how your porch looks
Alison

Farrah said...

"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

I think the Author of those comments knew what He was talking about! The beauty of a single little flower is truly astounding.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, I LOVE your back porch! That is adorable! Thanks for sharing the picture!

And the flowers are so beautiful. Spring is my favorite time of year!

Hope you are having a great day!

Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, GREAT SPRING PICTURES. YOUR BACK PORCH LOOKS WONDERFUL.WISH WE COULD STOP BY. KEITH

Kathi said...

Rachel, Your porch is lovely. Spring is such a pretty season.

Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love your back porch. And your entry was beautiful. You must feel really inspired by the season! Yes, I too love spring. All the flowers popping up, so welcoming and cheerful. Where did you get that cotton sign? Loved it.
Brenda

lauralavon said...

Your back porch is a visual delight, Rachel! Wish I lived closer; I'd take you up on the lemonade and visit!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Rachel your posts are always so inspiring. Here you are entering Spring and we are in Autumn and its freezing already (but then again i am a big sooky la la with the cold weather). But i am sooo tired of having a constant cold :(

Im so glad you have some pretty flowers around you to make you feel more 'springy', and your back porch looks just gorgeous. Id love to sit there and have a lemonade and a chat with you :)

Hope you have a gorgeous weekend!

Hugs
Shann xo

Meggie said...

You sure are excited about spring...not that it shows or anything! I feel a bit overwhelmed at this time of year because there is so much to be done. I just try not to stress too much about it....somehow it all gets done eventually. I LOVE living in a place that has four distinct seasons because I truly enjoy them all.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Happy Spring!

I like your porch, and the flower photos are beautiful!

Katherine

Rose of Sharon said...

I love the painted floor! What a darling porch! I love all your pretty flowers too!

Hugs, Sharon

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
Glad you're enjoying Spring and all its blessings. Glad you didn't feel the "E" - I don't even say the word here...
Your back porch is lovely, I love the floor.
Hope you're doing well, it's been a while since I've heard from you.
Fall is my very favorite time of the year.
Happy Weekend!
xo~Tracie

kari and kijsa said...

Beautiful photos!! Have a fabulous weekend!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Debbie said...

Love your porch! Spring is beautiful. So fresh and seemingly delicate. There is so much strength in spring. To survive the harsh conditions and grow into beauty. I love this time of year, but I love Fall also. It's a toss up.
Debbie

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Rachel, I would have to say Spring/Summer, OH, and I love fall too, just not winter! Your back porch turned out fantastic, the color you have on your house is just a great shade of green, very vintage! Do you have a roof over your entire porch area? It must be wonderful sitting there anytime of the day! Hugs to you, Donna Lynn

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

The porch looks great! I'll be over for lemonade in August. Mark your calendar!

Do you have tulips blooming? I've seen crocuses here... so the tulips can't be far behind. I did get my "tulip fix" yesterday, though, over on the coast. Check out my latest post!

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

I was reading along...(by the way, I love the kitty story) and you asked about the flowers. I think they're Johnny Jump-ups. Your porch is so beautiful! I would love to have some tea or lemonade and sit a spell ;)

rue :)

Farrah said...

Somehow I missed your porch picture! Ooops! It's beautiful, Rachel! Absolutely beautiful!