Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Waiting To Hear

Yesterday, our family was surprised to see that one of the comments on yesterday's posting about the Vex Robotics World Championship, came from one of the event planners. Hopefully Joel Carter, Vice President of Marketing, Innovation First, will have some news about the Chinese team soon. If you click here you can go to his web site. The components you see there are the ones that were used in our son's team robot. Needless to say our son was very happy to hear that news. He thinks Mr. Carter spoke at the competition...but not sure!
In other news from "A Romantic Porch" as I was scraping the paint off of a trim board around a window, imagine my surprise to find a "pencil" signature. There is no telling how old that signature is, and obviously the paint over it was very flaky and came right off. When I snapped the photo I was in a hurry and wasn't sure if I got a good shot of it. Apparently I didn't because of the blur, but "Jack Ocker" was there before I was! I didn't think to sign MY name below his for future generations..."Rachel was here"!

A little crop of these popped up unannounced in the yard. We stood over them and discussed what they could possibly be and their origin. It was interesting family conversation I'm here to tell you!

I hope you have a great day.

Love, Rachel


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope we do hear something back about the Vex team. Going through two hurricanes in a three week period, and all the nightmare that was, sounds like a walk in the park compared to what the Chinese are dealing with. It is completely heartbreaking. My prayers are with them, and with those in other countries that are suffering.

Anonymous said...

How awesome to find a surprise like that under old paint. It so reminds me of my favorite show on HGTV; If Walls Could Talk. If you haven't signed up for my giveaway yet, please come and join the fun. xoxo

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

I love that you found something from the past on your home! Have you ever found anything else??

hugs,
rue

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi Rachel..just stopping by to say hi!
You can always write your name somewhere else. That would be so fun to discover...that is the beauty in older homes.
Talk soon :0)

Unknown said...

What a nice surprise! It just gives me chill bumps to think that someone who loved the place as much as you once worked on it!
About those little 'pop ups.' I was once told, by a very seriously smart gardener, that we have giant mushrooms all under our soil, between it and the aquifers. When there is a lot of rain it stimulates their growth-thus the 'pop ups!' Makes sense to me but I've never heard it from any other source.
Request: more photos of the renovation! I just love to see exactly what you've done!
Hugs,
Liv

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Rachel -
If you decide to write your name on your house for future discovery, remember to put the date with it. Wouldn't you love to know when his name was signed?

Denise

Picket said...

hey friend...ohhh what a treasure to find the name...now find a good spot and write yours and put the date...It is heart wrenching to see the horrors that is going on in other countries..sometimes we complain that we have troubles and woes and then you look around you and realize..no...you don't got no troubles...thanks so much for coming by and I hope you are having a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, VERY NICE PICTURES AND POST. HAVE A GREAT DAY. KEITH

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.