Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Today is a day to remember those who have served our country to maintain the freedom that we hold so dear.
Ten years ago on Memorial Day, my family was faced with the grim reality of our Mother's health after an emergency surgery. Fifty-three days later she was gone. Gone, oh how could that be? But I still learn from her and wonderful example. Today as you reflect on the past, and face the future, don't forget to enjoy this moment...the only one we are promised.
Happy Memorial Day!
Love, Rachel

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day to you!

Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day-I hope it is a restful one and full of a lot of good memories.

LOL, lsh

blessings said...

How true. Make each new moment valuable. Blessings... Polly

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

A very true statement.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day.
hugs,
rue

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Thank you for this thought to enjoy today, this very moment, sweet Rachel.

And thank you to all the veterans who made it so for us to enjoy our freedom today.
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, HOPE THIS HAS BEEN A NICE MEMORIAL DAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. KEITH

Tara said...

Wonderful thoughts, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
May you cherish all the wonderful memories that you made with your mama.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had one special mother!

I know that I am valuing even more the fact that I still have my parents. I just turned 50 and I am learning to appreciate everyone and everything moment to moment.

Thanks for sharing,
KJ