Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday To You!

Diane and Laurie, I picked this bouquet for your birthday celebration. I think it will look soooo preeeetttttyyy on your table today! The cake and punch is almost ready, so drop back by in a while! I'm still enjoying the bleeding heart plant immensely. I guess that may be an understatement since I've shown it to you now, what is it, a bizallion times? And I'm so excited...the irises have started to bloom. Here is the first color that bloomed. It is a small blossom, and on first glance it appears to be white, but upon closer inspection you will realize that it is the palest and softest shade of lavender. Have you seen the iris bulbs that bloom in the Spring and again in the Fall? I want some of those. I believe they are hybrids. Maybe...I think?
See the clock tower that rises gracefully above our County Courthouse? For all the years we've lived within a block and a half of the Courthouse, the clock tower still intrigues me. Through the day, when I am busy, I can hear it chime away the hours and at night it is a constant companion during a restless dark solitude...ticking tocking chiming, telling me that time is passing, morning will come.

There have been times in the past when the clock got confused...maybe a little dementia from being so old, I don't know, but the clock tower doctors put a big smiley face over it, and worked and worked and worked to repair its' miscalculating internal organs. You see it just won't do for a clock to chime 14 on the hour!


Morning always comes! It's miraculous! Sunrise, sunset, sunrise! One time my sweet sister in law Joy said, "Sometimes the difference between feeling hope and despair, is nothing more than a good nights sleep." I believe that may be true!

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange
Have you heard about the new competitor to Pay Pal accounts. It is Revolution Money Exchange and if you click here, you will get all the details. For setting up an account, they will pay you $25.00. Click here for all of the details. The offer to receive $25.00 ends on May 15th, so you may want to hurry.
Toots from Glimpses of our World has provided us with another beautiful Spring view of her porch. Enjoy!
Have a beautiful day!

Love, Rachel

P.S. Do you want the homemade ice cream recipe?

19 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

How pretty your table on the porch looks with your gorgeous flowers.
Have a great day.
Alison

lauralavon said...

Your pictures of your porch always make me want to come over and sit down for a chat and a glass of whatever kind of yummy treat you might come up with! I really wish we didn't live so far apart!
I tell you what I'd love as well...I'd love for someone like you to go through the old barn (on our office lot) with me and give me ideas of things to do with the "treasures." I am thankful for internet, blogs, etc.,...a wonderful place to get ideas from others! You continue to inspire. Thanks!

Rue said...

Good morning Rachel :)

I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice Mother's Day. That ice cream looked yummy!

I love the flowers! So beautiful :)

Have a great day.
hugs,
rue

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Good morning, Rachel~
I love your table with the flowers, so pretty.
The clock tower sure is lovely too. We've got a church just a few blocks away and I love hearing the church bells, so know what you mean about hearing the clock throughout the evening. I'm so glad the clock doctors came and took care of the sick clock!
I love your sister-in-laws saying, it's wonderful and true!
Happy day!
xo~Tracie
(ice cream recipe sounds great...)

Donna Lynn said...

Good morning Rachel,
Thank you for the clock tower pictures, it is a lovely reminder to me today to be thankful for each new day, no matter how dreary or rainy or fast they are going!!!
The bleeding hearts are so amazing to look at, I am thrilled to see God's hand when I look at the tiny hearts that plant produces! I have a white one, I need to get the pink in my flower beds too...HUMMMM, I think I need to go to the garden places today!
Hope your having a great morning...
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Unknown said...

Hi, I just dropped by from My Petite Maison and found you. Love your blog! You have a beautiful porch and that clock tower is devine. How lucky you are. I agree with the quote about hope and dispair, thank you for sharing with us...yes, I would like the recipe for the ice cream.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

CIELO said...

Good morning pretty Rachel! I'm like you, I love flowers and could always have them anywhere in the house, specially adorning my porch table, like you've done. Flowers make our life so much better, doesn't it!

Have a great day, sweetie!

Cielo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh such pretty pictures! What a lovely photo of your porch with the flowers.

Have a great day, Rachel! That ice cream looked SCRUMPTIOUS!

Blessings,
melissa

Kathi said...

Thank you for inviting me to the birthday party, Rachel. I'm so honored! Your table is so pretty.

You live in the most delightful town. The clock tower reminds me of those heard all over Germany and Austria. Beautiful.

Kathi

Unknown said...

Yummy photos, Rachel! And I do absolutely want the home made ice cream recipe! Time is seems to be a theme with us this week. You write such prose; beautiful.
Hugs,
Liv

blessings said...

Love your photos! You can post as many as you want of your pretties =) Blessings... Polly

Debbie said...

How fun to hear the clock chiming the hours. Something like that would always hold charm for me also. The bleeding heart is beautiful!
Debbie

Rose of Sharon said...

Your table is so pretty! I never thought to cut my bleeding hearts and put them in a vase, they look great! I am going to do that! You are so lucky to have a clock tower in your town, let alone to be able to see it and hear it! Awesome! It reminds me of Back to the Future!

:0) sharon

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, NICE POST AND PICTURES. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What gorgeous pictures! I love the porch with the beautiful flowers! So pretty!

And of course we want the ice cream recipe!! That just looked way too good!

Have a great day!
Esther

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Your tablescape is so.. pretty. And your courthouse looks like the one in my hometown. Just beautiful!
Hugs, Terrie

Farrah said...

Oh wow! I didn't even notice the irises in the picture until you talked about them! Yes, they do look white. :-) It's so fun to see what you will come up with in your arrangements!

Ronda said...

Hope that I didn't miss the party! How nice of you to share the beautiful flower bouquet with your birthday friends! I know that so many people count you as their friend...my Mom, Diane, thinks the world of you! Thanks for being you...

MeMeMe said...

hi Rachel, i love the way you write- it's as if you are speaking right next to me.

How nice it is to have the clock tower around- it's part of your lives and your home wouldn't be the same without it.

Thanks for sharing about the paypal competitor.