Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Cozy Place

Marina from Only Cute Things is sponsoring a fun day today. She asked us to blog about our favorite place in our home. She lives in Argentina and if you click on her blog name in the first line above, you can tour homes all around the world by going to her site and choosing other places to visit. Isn't that fun!?My favorite place changes from time to time. For instance, if it is Thanksgiving...I would probably choose the Dining Room and Thanksgiving table! Or at Christmas time, I might choose one of our other decorated rooms with a favorite Christmas tree. Since we've been working on the house, and I've spent a lot of spare time outside, I will choose this little cozy nook at the end of the back porch.
The "screen door", in the picture above, well now it is in "working order". See it swaying in the breeze? I just tied ribbons around the top board and hooked them over two nails that I put into the porch beam. I used a staple gun and added fabric to the back of the board, then draped it over to one side. It sort of makes a privacy screen. I've got ideas of other things to do to it when I get a chance. This is where I set the door when I first brought it home. But I'm really happy with it at the end of the porch! Of course, there are things I want to change and rearrange, plant flowers and add trim here and there. I'm always doing that, but this is how it is today. I like to sit in this cozy spot on the porch when I take "micro breaks"!

Happy Anniversary Naomi!
Have a wonderful day today. Cherish each moment, each breath!
Love, Rachel


19 comments:

steviewren said...

I love love love your screen door as a decoration! For years I have wanted a real screen door on my back door. I am nostalgic for the sound of a screen door slamming as people go in and out of the house. I know crazy thing to long for but that sound brings back so many good memories of childhood and long hot summers!

Thanks for the lovely tour.

Anonymous said...

I love your back porch "room". The ideas that pop into your head are amazing, send some my way!
Have a wonderful day, Love you, Donnie

SentimentsbyDenise said...

What a perfect spot outdoors to relax! So pretty!
Rachel - that antique dresser reminds me of one my Grandmother had in her spare bedroom upstairs - she kept extra linens in it. Oh, to have another peek at that today!
Thanks for the memory!
Denise

Unknown said...

A romantic porch for sure. Such a lovely porch and a beautiful place. Karen

Unknown said...

Rachel, you are so clever!!!! I absolutely adore the idea with the screen door! And you have the most beautiful porch ever, I would spend every second out there!

Amy

Debbie said...

I love the idea! It looks so fresh, cozy and private. A wonderful place to sit after working outside for awhile with a glass of strawberry lemon aid.
Debbie

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Rachel..that is so inviting and I really like how you have the door outside!I am off to move my daughter Friday..see you when I get back :)

Anonymous said...

You are so clever. You amaze me. The porch looks so comfortable and inviting.

Hope you've had a great day.

LOL, lsh

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Rachel,
You did wonders with that screen door, I love it!

May I come and sit for a while and talk? It looks so cozy, it just says welcome all on its own.

Happy virtual party ;)
xo~Tracie

{oc cottage} said...

Love the screen door! What an idea!

M ^..^

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Love how that screen door looks Rachel. Very creative idea!

Blessings
Brook

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, YOUR WORK IS AMAZING. KEEP IT UP , I KNOW YOU ARE HAVING FUN. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that! It is adorable! Good job!

Have a good day!

Love, Esther

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Rachel,
I had planned on being in this virtual party, but am so caught up with packing Victoria up for her move, we are almost done getting the boxes packed up, Don and all my boys, Diana Lyn and her hubby are all going over on Sat. to get her moving POD packed. She is pulling out on Sunday...I am so blue over having her go, I can't even describe it!

Your porch is just so beautiful, what lovely pictures you have taken, It calms me when I look at them!

Hope you have a beautiful 3 day weekend with you family! I am with you in spirit and prayer as you know...
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Farrah said...

I think my favorite place is my desk chair! LOL! I sure am boring, huh?

A Peek Into My Life said...

Ahhhh, that looks so beautiful & serene. You are so gifted in decorating! I love watching the progress you are making on your home. I love, love, love old historical homes and have tried to talk my husband into buying one for 16 years. ~sigh~ Maybe someday my dream will come true. :) Thanks for letting me watch your progress in the meantime. :)

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Thanks you for participate in my party!!!! I love your back porch room, its so cute, all are so nice!
see you soon, by for now!

Marina Capano said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love your porch! What a beautiful and peaceful looking place! Your house is coming along nicely- what a lot of work! It will all be worth it when it's done though.
Have a great weekend!
-Heather :)