Sunday, May 4, 2008

It Is ALL about Kelly!

Phdogo almost guessed the person! I thought you were actually going to tell us. Yes, seated right there in the lower right hand corner of the guessing game picture below, I see Kelly! He is one of the 5 children who grew up in our home before we bought it.
We purchased our old 1904 home from the mayor (then) of our town, and his wife. At closing, she gave us a picture of how the home looked when it was originally built and said that she always wanted to put the front porch back on it. The picture you see in the blog header, is that picture. She also told us that our home was big enough to raise 5 children! So we are trying to restore the front porch and raise our children here!
As I was thinking about this posting, I wondered what it would have been like to grow up in the Mayor's home in our town. I believe he served 20+ years. So at least for Kelly, that would have been most of what he knew growing up. Though his mother is gone now, his Dad is still loved and known around town, he still calls people by name and wants to know about what's happening in their lives. Now Kelly, their son, is involved in politics and currently serves on our town council. In the picture, he is seated by the wife of our current mayor, and there is the mayor next to her.
In another posting, I will tell you more about the porch, carriage house, the clothing store next door, and the cotton candy sign. It is interesting to me...maybe it will be to you too! I'm off to my next adventure. Love, Rachel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, oh, boy, was I ever wrong!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO CLEVER!!! KEITH

Anonymous said...

But who is the man with the white hair, in front of the flag, and behind the "Hillary" sign? He looks so familiar.....

Farrah said...

Tricky, tricky! Still looks like the white-haired polar bear to me. ;-)

MeMeMe said...

oh i thought you were going to talk about Bill Clinton LOL ahahahha. mwhahahahha. sorry fans. I think it is soooo cool for you to meet Kelly, and live in the house the mayor lived in. Your home is full of history. I would love to watch its progress and see it when it's done!

Hopping over from DAys Missed on a Hammock.

Congratulations on you award.