Thursday, May 15, 2008

SSShhhhh! It's A Surprise!

You're invited to another birthday party! Be really quiet though. It's a surprise. Yes, come right on in!
We have heart shaped brownies and coffee to begin the festivities. I will update you with other details and goodies as the day goes along, so feel free to relax, stay a while, or if you are in a hurry drop back by. You know you are always welcome here at "A Romantic Porch".

Each guest will find a beautiful corsage at every place setting. This is complimentary from my husband, affectionately called on this blog, "Mr. Romantic Porch". Wasn't that sweet of him to get flowers for all of you? Well he's just like that you know. I don't believe I would be able to breathe if he weren't around.
Oh! What? Who's the party for? Well me, of course! Today is my birthday! Yay! The day I turned 29, not so long ago (smile) I decided that I would celebrate every birthday in as grand of style as was possibly allowable with the circumstances that the day presented to me. So have fun with me today. I'm collecting little goodies of things I love and cherish to pass along as a birthday gift from me to you. I will update the picture above as I add more items to it. A name will be drawn on Friday evening from all of the comments to receive the birthday gift . If you don't have a blog, be sure to leave an email address.A sweet friend called and asked me if I felt any older. Well no, of course not! Age is only a number! Don't you agree? I want to live life to the fullest, and not have how old I am determining what I accomplish. But I DO feel much more wise and mature! (that's funny) I've learned so many new things this year, like how to email pictures and post them into this blog...how to navigate around the blog. I've learned that I love making friends all around the world and how fun it is to stay in touch with family this way! So I guess I'm off to celebrate my 29th birthday for the...um, let's see...how many times have I celebrated my 29th birthday after all?!

Talk to you later

Love, Rachel

Contents of gift package include, but are not limited to: vintage music book, and cherished decorating magazine (Romantic Homes), vintage buttons, a few tea lights, keepsake honeycomb paper decor, etc

32 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Rachel
Happy Birthday to you
Good Luck to the USA girls in winning your sweet gifts.
Alison

pse said...

Happy birthday, Rachel.
Have a fun day. If I could get there, I would bring the lemonade.

Love you, Pallie Sue

Becky said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs and Love

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday!!! Celebrate! You deserve it - many happy thoughts and best wishes for the day and the year ahead.

Love,
Claudia

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Ha! Have you been to my blog this morning? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful, Happy Birthday. How many years ago, the girls caught the boys!
Your postings all week have been very beautiful and so inspiring. I'll be over soon for my piece of cake.
Love you, Donnie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel!! You young chic!! How sweet of you to think of us!! Hugs, Terrie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope all of your wishes come true.

Many Blessings, dana

Anonymous said...

Oh how I'd love to be 29 again!
Happy Birthday
I love your blog
tracylynne223@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, our birthdays are right next to each other, I didn't know. Well Happy Birthday, had I know we would have combined our parties. Have a wonderful wonderful day my sweet friend.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Really? It's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Rachel!

I guess your birthday card will be a bit late because I'm just now hearing about this (I know,bad friend!).

Hope your day is lovely!

Denise

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you enjoy every bit of it...however many times you have turned 29. ;)

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Happy Birthday.....I love how you decorated for the big day!
So very romantic and pretty.
I wish you much love and happiness on this day.
Now go enjoy the heart shaped brownie :0)

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Rachel. I hope you've had a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

LOL, LSH

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Lovely Rachel! Have a Happy Birthday! I love pink roses!!!

Xo
Brook

nfhays said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful aunt/friend/soul sister. Go check my blog to see my gift to you...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

What a fun day I've had helping you celebrate your birthday! Even though we're states apart, that didn't stop me a bit!

I hope you've had the happiest birthday ever - and that you'll have many, many more!

Your surprise birthday party was delightful! Thanks for inviting us! The flowers are gorgeous! And the brownies are delicious! How thoughtful for you to include us!

Love, Esther

{oc cottage} said...

You are a riot! I have turned 29 too!
In fact, several times! Many Happy returns!!!!

M ^..^

Ronda said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel!!! Hope your day was "extra special"...just like YOU! Thanks for inviting us to such a grand party...everything was beautiful..loved the flowers and elegant china! Hope that you have an awesome year! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE. KEITH

Unknown said...

Now aren't you sweet? Offering gifts to others on Your birthday! How totally awesome is Mr. Romantic Porch to supply us with corsages! Tell him thank you for me!

Hope your birthday was the bestest one ever and ever! Did you work on your renovation or did you kick back and relax and enjoy the day?

Happy Birthday!
Liv

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Happy Birthday, lady!! You are four days older than me!! LOL! Just kidding - your birthday is four days before mine!

Hope you had a great day!!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

happy birthday :-)
i don't know you, but found your blog through a friend.
i love your blog, all your posts are so sweet!
and i have to admit, one of the reasons i checked your blog out is because we share the same name! :-P
God bless,
Rachel :-)

Donna Lynn said...

Happy 29th Rachel!
I wish I had known it was your special birthday month, I want to send you a card!!! Please email me your address and then I can put you in my girly birthday book! I love getting mail, and in this computer email world cards in the mailbox are few and far between anymore!
Hope your day was glorious, I am with you in spirit, as you know! :)
Lots of love,
Donna Lynn

CIELO said...

Upps, missed it! Any leftover cake? :) Happy belated birthday to you, sweet Rachel... many blessings to you and yours from our wonderful Heavenly Father...

Hugs

Cielo

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Okay, I'm going to try this again - Blogger's being bad today :(

Sweet Rachel,
I can not believe I missed it - but you ARE still celebrating, aren't you?

Happy 29th Birthday!

Mr. Romantic Porch sure did a wonderful job of decorating for you, princess.

All good wishes for another beautiful year for you Rachel. You are special!
xoxo~Tracie

Jen said...

I pray you had a wonderful birthday:) And that your next birthday finds you as blessed as you are now:) Happy B-day:)!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Rachel!
I am sooooooooo sorry that I am late! Please, please, forgive me! You deserve THE BESTEST BIRTHDAY! What a present you are to all of us! Love you!

xo,
Kim

Cindy said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I sure hope you had a great day!

Rhondi said...

Hi Rachel
A belated happy birthday. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Pleas enter me in your giveaway. What a generous idea, giving someone else a gift on your birthday! Hope I win!
Rhondi xo

Carrie said...

A belated but warm Happy Birthday!

Rue said...

Happy belated birthday Rachel!! What a sweet hubby too. I wouldn't be able to breath without mine either ;)

hugs,
rue