Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Winds of Change Are Blowing


Did you get the memo that the clock "springs" forward one hour this Saturday? Our daylight savings time used to never change. (Now did that make sense?) But I think it was Spring '07, after much political discussion, that our location on the map came to follow the pattern of the rest of the USA population. I know this is a passionate subject...some for...some against! Nevertheless, it's that time of year, and our day will be one hour longer. Oh, wait! That's one more hour of sunlight! Yes, sunlight! Anyway, since I'm going to have so much more time on my hands I think I may get busy and repaint the living room.

Now, I'm a paint everything white kind of girl, (move over kiddos, mamma's got the spray paint) but after the groans and moans of my children that white is so boring, I've interjected quite a bit of color into our home. I'm thinking that this room would look great in yellow, or an ever so pale aqua color. I could really go to town decorating around this khaki furniture using one of those two colors. Hurry, hurry, hurry let me know your opinion! I hope to have this done by late Saturday evening...I mean 2009!! Oh, and when you give me a suggestion, just remember that not every shade "works" with the "color" of the woodwork. AND no, I won't paint it. I can't bare to cover its 100+ year old face. Though it would be beautiful...white, don't you think?
Happy painting. Love, Rachel
P.S. For those of you following the life cycle of Ivory, the pet ferret, I've added another picture here.

21 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Aqua might be a fun new color for you. Can't wait to see the change :)It sounds daunting to me but things are buzzing in that head of yours :) Happy Painting!

Nora Lee said...

Aqua would be a great color especially with the woodwork, but I am sure either one would be beautiful. I really like your sign on the window sill! Thanks for stopping by my show and tell.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I vote for yellow. I've always loved yellow. It's such a sunny color.

Ivory is an adorable little critter! Post some more pictures of her when you get a chance.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
I think aqua might be nice if it's real pale aqua.

I agree 100% - no painting the woodwork. I love white myself, but some things are off limits!

I just saw the ferret - how sweet!

Happy day!
xoxo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh, yes - really, this weekend? The clocks already - am I behind on the times or what? My memo has not arrived yet... Thanks for the update!

~ ♥ LISBETH ♥~ said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog. Love yours as well and I do think porches are beautiful. Trying to make one myself,its nearly done, but there are so many things to do inside and outside so it takes time. Visit you soon and would love to link you, these days there is a problem with the page elements on my site and on many others, so until its fixed I cant link anyone. Hope the bloggerteam will take care of it soon, they promised it done by Friday. Take care.
Hugs

Ronda said...

I love the color that it is now...Is that plum? I think I've heard that aqua IS the new rage, so it might really look pretty...It is so hard for me to imagine new paint colors! Have fun being "creative you"!

Angela said...

I think a soft yellow would look lovely:-). I love the ferret :-). Thnaks for sharing. Enjoy painting.
Have a wonderfuld ay!!!

Anonymous said...

It seems like aqua would be really pretty!

The ferret is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think either would be a wonderful choice, I like both colors but probably tend toward the aqua more (a light aqua). Whatever you choose, please share with us.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Debbie said...

Light aqua would really be a nice contrast to your furniture. Both aqua and yellow would be cheerful. Yellow would be a more cozy feel. Yellow is a more timeless color if you don't like to repaint every two years. Aqua would just be fun....Aqua.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I think a pale aqua sounds beautiful. And then you could accent with yellow. How's that?

Ivory is cute! Thanks for sharing!

Hope you're having a fun day!

Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which color I would like best. That is why I just always go with an ivory or off white color. I know which ever you do will be very pretty.
Our March can't decide if it wants to be a lion or a lamb. It is just being one one day and the other the next day. Saturday and Sunday it was in the 70's, Monday in the 30's and snow last night. We will know by the 31st, which it came in as and which it went out!!
Have a wonderful day. Love, Donnie

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, I ALSO LIKE OFF WHITE . I USE IT A LOT FOR MY PLACES. KEITH

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Rachel. I think off white would be pretty and you can't go wrong with it. Whatever you select will be beautiful. Your home is lovely.
XO
Brook

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Aqua sounds good to me! Aqua and brown look great together.
Penny

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like aqua is everyone's favourite.
Mine too!!
Alison

Tara said...

Rachel

You reminded me the clocks "spring" ahead! I ahd forgotten, you made my day!

Farrah said...

Without seeing the room in real life, I have a difficult time suggesting, but I am leaning toward light yellow! It's a happy color!

lauralavon said...

My first thought was light aqua, but yellow would be nice too. I look forward to seeing what you do!

j said...

Robin's egg blue is my FAV with kaki and brown. Can't wait to see what you do! Jen