Monday, March 3, 2008

Sweet As...

Several days ago, Sweet As Sugar Tracie, sent me this award. You will have to visit her lovely blog, where she takes you on adventures along the California coast, and gives you a glimpse into what is going on in her world. She keeps you guessing with what she's got coming up next. Her porch and beautiful dog Zeke are featured on my sidebar. Who couldn't resist a long visit with her there on the porch. Thank you Tracie, for thinking of me and passing this along.

One day I had an email from Brook.

She said a package with several vintage items was on its way to me. Together, we anxiously awaited its arrival...you know how the mail can be. Finally it was delivered to the Post Office. My husband came in carrying a very large box over his shoulder. I was so excited to see the vintage items she had sent. Everything was carefully laid in this cute little white suitcase. There were so many adorable items. I love every one of them Brook. How did you know I would? I appreciate your thoughtfulness so very much. You are sweet, Sweet As Sugar. Today I am passing this award along to you!

Where OH where, has the tiny white suitcase gone? Yes, I should have guessed it. The "soupcase" was quickly claimed and re-purposed for other things! Brook, you brought such a fun sparkle to a cold dreary day. Thank you for your kind thoughtfulness all those long miles away.
Have a sweet as sugar week.

Love, Rachel

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet of your friend to send you such a lovely gift and to put it all in that cute white suitcase! Congrats on the award!

Manuela

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

You made someone happy today!!! How sweet is that?!
I passed the sweet award along to Barbara Jacksier "The Book Blog" because she too is sweet, sweet as sugar!!!
XO
Brook

Claudia said...

What a wonderful award to receive! That suitcase full of vintage items is lovely and so beautifully presented.

Thanks for adding me to your blog list! I will pass along some porch pictures soon.

Claudia

shabbyfufu said...

What a nice gift...you are sweet as sugar! Have a great week....~XO~ Janet

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Any "real" money in that "soupcase"? Seems like a perfect place to keep all manner of little girl treasures!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Rachel, thanks so much for visiting hill country house.Your romantic porch blog is delightful and I, to, will be back to visit you!

Ronda said...

Loved the pretty vintage collage...looks as if it should go on the front of a magazine! Your mantle looked so pretty, too! (yesterday) Congratulations on the award...you so deserve it! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to get such a gift in the mail! I love the postal service for all the goodies and magazines they bring my way every day! I will go visit her site. Thanks!
Brenda

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sweet Rachel!
How nice of you to mention me and my blog (and Zeke!).

All the vintage items you received from Brook are over the top beautiful - the suitcase, ooops - soupcase is great. I especially love the vintage tea cup!

I love how "your assistant" re-purposed the item to My Little Pony specifications - hmm, now who does that remind me of? A chip off the old block - cute.

Thanks for giving me a shameless plug sweets. Shayne and I are still on our mini-vacation now - so gotta go. You make everything sweet dear Rachel and brighten so many people's days.
xoxo~Tracie

Rose of Sharon said...

Congratulations on your award! Wow, you got some funny treasures, I love her idea of sending them to you in that cute suitcase!

Have a great Monday! Sharon

Barbara Jacksier said...

It's nice yo be in such sweet company!
Barbara

Kelli said...

What a sweet award and your new gifts are beautiful! I love the suitcase!
~Kelli

Alison Gibbs said...

How sweet to get the award.
Great case with lovely vintage goodies inside.
Looks pretty cute with it's new residents happily living inside it.
Alison

Debbie said...

What a lovely surprise for you. Such a sweet person to send you many vintage things. Congratulation on your award.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Brook and Tracie to honor you in such special ways! That is really neat! I'm happy for you and proud of you!

Love you!
Esther

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on the Sweet award! You deserve it! What a wonderful present Brook sent you!
Penny

Linda said...

Hi Rachel,
What a wonderful friend you have to send you all of those wonderful gifts, you must feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world.
I know I would.
Cheers Linda

Anonymous said...

RACHEL, CONGRATS ON THE AWARDS. I ALSO LIKE TO LOOK THROUGH A BOX OF VINTAGE THINGS . KEITH

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

How SWEET!! Very nice gifts! All perfect for you!

Katherine
P.S. - I'm answering questions this week, have you asked anything I haven't answered?

Farrah said...

Rachel, I can't think of ANY blogger who deserves that award more than you! "Sweet" describes you perfectly!!

Isn't it fun to get packages? And I saw the pink roses she included! How fun! In my mind, pink roses and you go together! :-)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hi Rachel.
Ive just popped on over from Tracies blog...you gotta luv that gal hey!

What a sweet as pie parcel you received, and i must say the new tennants look very cosy in there! how cute.

Shannon xo