Friday, March 14, 2008

The Balance of Joy

I think old scales are so neat. They come in so many shapes, sizes and colors.
This candleholder looks like scales to me. It has an old look about it, but I don't know if it is old. However, it is quite heavy...cast metal.
Again today, several people are participating in a sale. To visit A Romantic Porch Boutique and see the listed items, click
here. You can purchase this candleholder there if you are interested.

In several different posts, I have shown you a variation of this china pattern. This cheery little bouquet of flowers brings me such joy. Isn't the tiny blue forget-me-not, simply adorable? Do I hear a cheer for Spring...ANYONE? hip hip hooray!!

Look at this nursery scale. Wouldn't it be just drop dead gorgeous in a tiny nursery that is decorated in the pale aqua ~ robin's egg blue~ whatever we decide to call that. This color just keeps coming around to bring me cheer.

You will find this adorable scale listed for sale in A Romantic Porch Boutique. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. It is so important to look for joy, however small it may be...things that make your heart smile. Maybe it is a color, a scent, a song, a warm blanket or favorite pair of shoes. One joy of mine, and it is not so small at all, is reading all of your comments, the new friends I've made and the things I've learned with this blog. Thank you so much. My wish today is that you will be able to balance the small joys along the way against the pressures and weight of the world on your shoulders.

Love, Rachel


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy post today! I love the scales! Adorable!

Have a fun Friday!

Claudia said...

Rachel,

I love old nursery scales. The colors are so wonderful, aren't they? Loved your post.

Have a great weekend.

Claudia

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
That scale is lovely. You don't come across items like that much, what a find! I hope just the right person finds it - I'm sure it won't last long.

I love your words of wisdom, Rachel. We all have days that can be trying and it's always nice to come here and come back to Earth - I love coming here for inspiration and you are a dear sweet friend.

Happy day - Happy weekend!
xoxo~Tracie

Kathi said...

I love the nursery scales. Oh, I can just see my sister Sharon decorating a "Grandma" nursery for her grandbabies one day. I know she'd put one of those adorable antiques in there.

Have a wonderful Friday ~ Kathi

Sugar Bear said...

I love the scales! We have an old one that I still use for weighing packages.
Karla

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments
I love those nursery scales and how sweet the plate with forgetmenots looks.
Alison

Tara said...

Rachel

i have never seen anything like that nursery scale--adorable!

:0)

Tara

Rose of Sharon said...

I love your scales! I love that baby scale. Someday, when I am a gramma, I want to have a grandbaby room and decorate it will all things vintage! I have started collecting pieces now. I have a scale like your's except mine is white.

I hope you have a great weekend!

:0) Sharon

Farrah said...

Someone will be very happy to find that nursery scale! I love the idea of using it in a baby room with pale blue...complete with the robin eggs! Wonderful!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Rachel. Keep up your inspiring posts because some people are really needing an encouraging word right now.
So many people are losing their houses or they are about to lose them. The economy is a more serious matter than I was aware of.
You are special!
Blessings
Brook

Rue said...

The scales are so cute! Thank you for your good wishes on the farmhouse :)
Rue

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, WHAT BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. THE WAY YOU PUT SUCH COMMON THINGS TOGETHER AND THEN ADD SUCH WOUNDERFUL WORDS OF WISDOM , REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF MY MOTHER. KEITH

Ronda said...

You always have the nicest things to say...I appreciate you! You are doing a fabulous job of blogging...I am glad that you are enjoying it so much! It's fun to see! Loved your pretty pictures and treasures! Have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

I enjoyed your page so much. I also have a sweet nursery scale - it was the one my mother used for me and I used for my daughter! Maybe one day my granddaughters will use it as well - if I am ready to give it up by then, in 20 years or so!