Saturday, September 6, 2008

Invaded by What? (Updated)

This little "bugger" was about 6 inches long. Any ideas?
I'm off to investigate. I'll be back later to see what you think!
Will today be a busy one for you?

Love, Rachel
UPDATE:
Well well well, we are all agreeing that this bug is a Preying Mantis. We've had a lot of them this year, but they have all been little like this one. This one was huge and so sO SO worthy of his own special blog posting!
Then there is the comment from Mr. RP (romantic porch, ya know) who compared the big bug to the Colts Quarterback Peyton Manning. Mr. RP called it a Manning Preytis! Get it? Oh you'd have to be a Colts fan to understand. But I laughed anyway when I read the comment. I just plain and simply thought it was funny. Thanks for making me laugh Philip.
And to everyone else, thank you for playing my guessing game!
Bye for now, y'all.
Love, Rachel

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he is what is called a 'walking stick?' He definitely is big!

Have a fun Saturday!

Love, Esther

Claudia said...

I love this photo - I agree with Esther, I think he's called a walking stick, but can't swear it is. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Today will be busy, I have to work at the antique shop. Have a great weekend.

FeeBee Louweez said...

It's a praying mantis I think. AKA walking stick
Have a nice weekend!

Lady Farmer said...

Praying Mantis gets my vote!
"Praying" you have a fabulous weekend!
:~}

Anonymous said...

With this being Colts country, I would have to go with Manning Preytis,
Mr R P

Rose of Sharon said...

That's a praying (preying) mantis. They are all over around here, especially in the fall. My kids have always been so fasinated by them, they are cool.

:0) Sharon

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, I LIKE MR. R.P.'S NAME. KEITH

Victoria Lynn said...

Rachel,
That bug is amazing...Didn't God make the most interesting things?! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Blessings,Victoria Lynn

savvycityfarmer said...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and your love notes to me and my family....I am slowly eking my way back to some of my favorite things like staying connected to all of my wonderful friends here in the blogging world. God bless you all for being so faithful.xoxoxoxo

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

they are harmless, great photo!

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi, just found you from Penny's blog. It is certainly a praying mantis, but a walking stick bug looks more like a real stick.

Anonymous said...

In australia it's called a preying mantis or a stick insect. They are common here in the warmer weather.
I enjoy your blog
cheers Erica