Monday, September 8, 2008

How Can I Choose Just One?

Our home is 104 years old. Standard window treatments do not fit our windows. My sister Donnie made these sheer panels behind the valence on our living room windows. Didn't she do a beautiful job?
This beveled window in the foyer spreads rainbows all over the room when the sun shines through it. I've always mixed white and off white in my decor. I like the way it makes things look not so "matchy~matchy"! So on this window I have an off white lace panel and a very long white piece of fabric draped around the window frame.

Ooo, I like the candlelight.

The bay window in the dining room gives a soft touch to the world beyond.

I love these little white lights in the kitchen window. They look so cheery from the inside or outside. I keep them on all the time.



Windows, I love windows. How can I choose a favorite one? They bring light and breezes, happy sounds of children playing or crickets chirping. Most of the windows in our home have the original glass in them. The view is slightly wavy and if you look closely you see bubbles in the glass. It's a unique characteristic that I enjoy.



If you'd like to see more favorite windows of other blog friends, please visit The House in the Roses for a complete list.



Have a marvelous Monday!

Love, Rachel






20 comments:

Sherry Williams said...

your window treatments are wonderful & I love the little twinkle lights. you really have a lovely home. Hugs, Sherry

Virginia said...

I know what you mean, there are many windows in our home as there are windows in our heart. But all your windows are very pretty and sweet.
Blessings, Virginia

Kathi said...

Your windows are lovely, Rachel. I'd like to try the twinkle lights somewhere in my home too. They are so cheery. Kathi

Ronda said...

Beautiful window treatments, Rachel...I love them all! You have such a pretty decorating "touch"! Hope that you are having an awesome day!

One Shabby Old House said...

Your windows are beautiful. What a wonderful sister you have. She did a great job. Who plays the piano? Do you? Another wonderful talent!
Becky

Michele said...

Hi Rachel...I love your windows..you did an outstanding job of decorating them. What a great idea having white lights in the kitchen. I just might have to try that!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Patti said...

Your home and windows are beautiful! I am a huge fan of twinkle lights (I call them fairy lights) and one can never have too many! Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful day~
Patti

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Rachel....Your home is just beautiful. I especially love all the lace and the twinkle lights! I've always loved century homes. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't!! I do love my home though...as I can tell you love yours!

Carol

CIELO said...

Rachel, I truly enjoyed seeying all your pretty windows--what an inspiration and sweetness to the eyes and heart.... My sincere THANKS for participating. I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.

Hugs

cielo

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
I don't like mixy matchy either especially with a house like yours - an original!

I love all your windows and the sparkly lights, we have some on our windows too - front one and daughter's room. I've never seen some like yours though - so twinkly small, they're darling.
xoxo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

PS - I'll chat with you tomorrow ;) ZZZZs for me!

Keep the twinkly light burning!
xoxo~Tracie

Rue said...

Hi Rachel :)

Oh.... you know how much I love old windows.... and yours are gorgeous. Beautiful window treatments!

You don't need to tell me to be careful. There's no way I could buy those homes unless I won the lotto LOL

hugs,
rue

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely windows...the bay window is enchanting. Very romantic with the lace. This has been very special.
Hope you've had a nice day.
Judi

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Rachel your windows are just beautiful!
Penny

Linda said...

Hi Rachel,
What lovely windows you have in your home, they are just beautiful.
Cheers Linda

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful window decor! Come on over to see mine, you haven't visited in a while! I'll make a pot of tea!

Katherine

Glenda said...

Great new look to your blog.

I like your window treatments. It would be hard to choose.

Ciao

MARIA said...

Amazing!
I love old houses.

My best wishes to you
Maria from Poland

Connie said...

I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE your ideas for your unique windows, sweet little chick!! What an imagination you have. It's exquisite, lovey!! Beautiful home. It's taken me 2 days to get to all of the windows in the party, but I really wanted to view everyone's windows......
SMoochies,
Connie

Lynn Hasty said...

I love, love your windows! I love the glimpses of your old house in the pictures!

Lynn