Monday, June 23, 2008

Spring Cleaning

When I was a child, we would take mattresses and bed frames, rugs and other bits of furniture out to "sun" in the fresh air. I was able to do this with my area rugs and big sofa pillows this summer. We beat them and scrubbed them with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol. It was so fun at day's end to bring them back inside and know they were clean and fresh. And then there is the stash of stuff to recycle or pass along to the next needy person.



I think there are times in life that we need Spring cleaning on the inside of ourselves! Sometimes it is helpful taking inventory of hang ups and attitudes or small grievances, take them out and be done with them. It gives me a new perspective, a fresh energy to pursue the next task ahead. When you think about it, life is too short to have issues bogging us down and holding us back.
Have fun cleaning...enjoying life.
Love, Rachel

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Rachel such a thought provoking post. Thanks
Alison

The Going Blog said...

We are having great spring cleaning weather! Sure wish I had a closeline on days like this.

Ronda said...

It was fun to "catch up" on your blog! LOVE your flirting bench...I think I would like one of those for my porch! How fun to "sun" all of your rugs and pillows...I am sure that they smelled fresh as the wind! I have never done that! You always inspire me! Hope that you are having a good summer!

Anonymous said...

What "refreshing" thoughts for today. A good cup of coffee with that would be great.

Have a wonderful day-lol, lsh

Glenda said...

Rachel
I wish I had a lawn to to that with.
Doesn't the sun and alcohol make them weaker ?

Anyway, I am having a 100th post giveaway, come on over and enter to win.

Ciao
Glenda

Debbie said...

That what I've been doing lately, some personal spring cleaning. Thanks for the encouragement. The sun makes everything smell so fresh and clean.
Debbie

Angie said...

life is too short to sweat the little stuff! i enjoy reading your thoughts and love your pictures! stop in over at my blog..i have a surprise for ya! hehehehehehe

~Angie

Cottage Rose said...

Rachel; you say such nice and thought provoking things. I love reading your blog posts. And I will have to try setting out my things to air out in the sunshine, did not know about the rubbing alcohol. Hope you have a wonderful summer.Full of love, hope and happiness.

hugs;
Alaura