Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Family

In our household we enjoy playing with unique puzzles or problem solving games. My mother and father in law gave this to us at Christmas time. We've had fun stacking these little magnetic pieces many different ways. Actually, the pieces aren't magnetic, but the base on which they are positioned. Isn't it cool how they can be on their side, and still not fall off?...oh yeah! the picture is sideways, isn't it?
Our little daughter brought this to me and said, "Look momma, this is our family!" When I turned around, I was surprised to see the stack of magnetic nuts...but maybe that is just what we are! NUTS! But really, each separate tower, growing, standing tall, with individual needs, wants and goals, but all held together by our magnetic force of love and caring for each other.
Families come in many shapes, sizes and personalities. But they are held together by a common bond of some sort.
Blogging can be a family. I've heard people refer to their blogging family. So what is the bond that holds the blogging family together? Why is it that we do this?
While you are thinking about that, I better go get started with my (magnetic nuts) real life family!
Love, Rachel

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about families. Mine is made up by more nuts than I want to count. Yet, we're all pulled together somehow.

By the way, I love your dad craft work. He was a fantastic artist. Its no wonder that you're so proud of him.

Anonymous said...

I don't know exactly what bonds us together in the blogging community. I suppose, as most of us seem to be women, that we have the need to share and have girlfriends. I use to be in a quilting bee that met every week years ago in another town. Women of all ages. Helping one another. Our heads bent over a quilting frame stitching our worries away. Giving advice and asking for it.
Brenda

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sweet Rachel,
I think we do this because we've been given the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Some stay and make a lasting impression and improve our quality of life - whoops, I AM talking about YOU.
xoxo~Tracie
(everyone's a little nuts and should be proud of it - your daughter's an artist already ;)

Anonymous said...

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't! Guess where that jingle is from. lol, lsh

Angie said...

that was beautiful....family can drive you nuts sometimes..but it's good to know they are there! love your blog!

~Angie

Ronda said...

Fun post! And I thought WE were the only family of "nuts"! ha! I think that blogging gives us an avenue to "connect" with other people....You do a great job of "connecting" on your site, Rachel! I always enjoy what you have to say! Keep up the good work!

Alison Gibbs said...

Great post. What a fun family of 'nuts' you are
Alison

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed getting caught up on your blog. I was out of pocket for a few days, but you just kept right on going!

Hope you're having a great day!

Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, GREAT POST ABOUT THOSE NUTS. KEITH

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Once again, you are so right. You have such a great way of blogging..I love the pictures you use.
There are a lot of nuts in my family but I love them all. It makes for so much fun during the Holidays. How boring life would be if we were all the same.
Your Father's pieces are very beautiful.
We fellow bloggers do share a kinship....we have similar interests, care about each other and a few lucky ones even get to meet :)