Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wacky Flailing Arms Windsock Man

 He asked me if I would make him a costume that looked like this.
Well...sort of like this. 
The inside of the costume isn't finished in this photo.
"What is this called," I wondered? 
The ladies at the fabric store asked me what I was making when I bought 6 yards of neon green crepe fabric.
I had no idea what to call it.
So I described it and they knew!
Then I received this text from my son:
"So I may or may not have just won the individual category..."
 
Which if I wanted to be really practical, made me think that he didn't know if he won, but there was a 50/50 chance.
But if I wanted to be edgy and "on trend" I realized that he had just won first place!
 
Wacky flailing arms windsock man won first in the individual category!!
Who knew?
 
Not me!
I didn't realize that there was a contest involved at the Candy Festival.
 
So there you go.
It's just another day in the life of one who sews random costumes, and purses and wedding dresses and frazzled towel edges.




1 comment:

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

That is beyond PERFECT> love it and you can see he is having a ball. LOVE all the costumes..TOO CUTE. Its fun living out the halloween thru their eyes. I never let my kids do the scary thing.. Kind of a happy harvest type of celebration and let them get the candy. NOW days they have such fun pumpkin patch and parties etc. LOVE It