Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Harvest Moon

Saturday evening the county roads, winding between fields of dry corn, fell behind us as we drove East into town. 
The harvest moon rising over the tree tops was a beautiful sight.
In fact, it was breath taking!
If only I had a way to truly capture the drama of the trees silhouetted against the shadows of the sky illuminated by the moon.
It was so brilliant and dimensional, it felt as though I could reach out the car window and touch it.
For a few seconds the beauty of it seemed suspended in time as it 
appeared to rise above the trees and the horizon.
I suppose it was suspended in time really.
 
I thought of you.
I wanted a way to show you this miraculous beauty.
If you could have been there, you would have been amazed too.
And you could have heard my daughter and I "ooo and aaah",
and scramble to take this photo in an attempt to capture the memory.
 
 
Have you seen a brilliant moon rise these past several evenings?

4 comments:

Ana said...

Yes, I did see the moon. It was absolutely beautiful! It just makes me sad that when I go to take a picture it's true beauty and splendor is not captured. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

The moon is awesome.. LOVE LOVE LOVED it

Donnie Pirtle said...

I love the full bright Harvest Moon,the very crisp air, shining stars, they are one of the ways God shows us a part of His greatness. Have a wonderful day.

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been too busy to even go and look for a moon rise :(