Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catchin' Up On A Few Things!

Several days ago sweet Claudia from Mockingbird Hill Cottage, gave me this award. You've got to check her blog and see how she is managing her life and job as she lives far away from her husband and pet doggies. You will enjoy reading about her adventures. She is celebrating her one year blogiversary, so drop by and tell her I said hi! Claudia, thank you for sending this darling award my way!

One of my comments recently asked about the boutique mentioned on my side bar. I have several ideas swirling around in my head. Obviously, right now, I have nothing listed there. I will let you know soon.

And I have tried to adjust the color of my font for those of you who've let me know you are struggling to read it. I'm sorry! I don't want my blog to be a nuisance. I love having you here and reading the comments you leave for me. I take each one seriously. Please let me know if it is still hard to read.

My time is very limited but I try to visit back as often as I can. I see a lot of people deleting their blogs because it is taking too much of their time. I do not intend to delete my blog. When I can be here for a tiny bit, I am, and when I can't, I'm not! I'm always striving for balance in my life...It is truly an honor that you would follow along the ramblings here at A Romantic Porch.

Have a wonderful day sweet friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Love, Rachel

17 comments:

Claudia said...

Dear Rachel,

I'm so glad you managed to get the award on your blog. You deserve it!!!

Now that I look at it, I like the new font! It does make it easier to read. Have a wonderful day.

Rose of Sharon said...

Good morning Rachel,

Congratulations on your award! I hope you can find your balance too and you will keep blogging. They should do a study on what is the average time someone has a blog. I bet it is around a year and a half and then people get burned out or something. A lot of us that have been around for about a year or more are trying to figure it all out! Hang in there! I was thinking about opening a boutique too, but haven't done much about it yet!

Have a great day!
Sharon

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, I'm not planning to quit my blog, I've just seen so many people who have because they say it has taken over their lives. I strive for balance in all things. Thanks for your comment. xo rachel

Ronda said...

I agree, Rachel! Balance is the key! Keep up the good work...I adore your blog! :) Congratulations on the award! XXOO

FrancisMoore said...

Rachel, I love your blog. It is always so uplifting. Yes, it is easier to read, not that I had problems before your adjustments. I do miss your words when you don't post each day, but I certainly understand that time is precious and you have many duties to perform. Congratulations on your award.

Pink Slippers said...

I will go over and visit your friends blog.
Wendy

Mommy said...

Hello Rachel!
Remember me!? :)
I saw you left a comment on my blog sometime in January. January was a crazy month, and hopefully things are going back to semi-normal here, and I will be able to check in with my favorite blogs from time to time. ♥

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Rachel,
Congratulations on your award! I really enjoy your blog! Have a nice day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
Congrats on your award. I'll have to visit Claudia and introduce myself since I haven't been to her blog before. I love visiting your blog and think you're doing a great job with balance - you always have much to share that's worth while here at your blog "home".
xoxo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I forgot to add how excited I am to hear about your boutique, Rachel. How exciting for you, I know whatever you choose to do will be perfect and true to your heart.
xoxo~Tracie

Tara said...

Rachel

I am with you...when I have blogging time, I do it...if it feels like work it is no longer fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! It is well-deserved!

Love, Esther

Patti said...

Hi Rachel~ Congrats on your blog award!!! Oh I hope you can maintain your blog and real life too- I would hate to see you delete your blog. It's interesting how they kind of take on lives of their own and the time ebbs and flows depending on what real life obligations we have. Anyway- we appreciate when you are here! Take care~
Patti

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I'm glad to hear you won't be closing your blog! I'm always sad to see that happen! I wonder if blogging has peaked?

Speaking of people closing blogs, I used to enjoy Esther Sunday's blog and she just closed it without any warning. I see an Esther commenting on yours, is that by any chance Esther Sunday?
I miss her!

Katherine

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Rachel..I sometimes wonder how people or rather IF they are ever able to visit all the folks that visit them. Sometimes there are litterly HUNDREDS of comments on some of these blogs. Can this sort of thing become burdensome? It seems to me like it could.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my family picture of the children and myself and for taking the time to stop by. :)
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OH thank you SO much for the darker print. I struggled so to read your blog and this is just wonderful. MUCH easier..:)
How sweet of you to fix it for us!!
Mona

Anonymous said...

(((Rachel)))

Thank you for my morning smile - you know how much I love you AND your blog..well, because it is so you - sweet, beautiful, and nurturing!!

xo,
Kim