Monday, July 21, 2008

A Pitcher Full of Lemonade?

OOps! Nope! That's not lemonade, just a candle. But what could make a lazy summer day more special than fried chicken, yummy food, and a candle burning?
Well, yesterday was a fun summer day. After church yesterday morning we had a mid-summer youth event at our home. It was a blast to have our house bursting at the seams with the energy of about 60 fun friends, teenagers and some adults. The fried chicken in the photo above wasn't from yesterday, but Becky sure served "up" some awesome hamburgers and hot dogs!

At one point a thunderstorm clapped and boomed its way over us, and pelted just enough rain to make the grass slick and sticky. Next time we're all hanging out, drop by, I believe love and fun makes a house grow. There is always room for one more! We found out when we all went inside for the thunderstorm!

Have a fun day!
Love, Rachel


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! And what wonderful memories were created! It is nice to have times of fellowship, fun and food!

Have a good day!

Love, Esther

The Going Blog said...

It's just like you to put a candle in a glass pitcher. Never would have thought of it but I love the look :-) I'm just waiting for your ideas to be published somewhere soon.

CIELO said...

Everything looks so pretty; so simple--yet so beautiful!

Have a great day, Ms. Romantic Porch!

Hugs

Cielo

Picket said...

Sounds like a great day!!!! I love the idea of that candle in the glass pitcher...you have the neatest ideas! lol Hope you are having a great day!

Unknown said...

It is beautiful! You always have the best ideas! This post made me hungry :)

Amy

Rose of Sharon said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! That table looks gorgeous. I love the idea of putting a candle in a piture! That is a great way to keep the wind from blowing it out!

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love your life philosophy. I wish I could practice the same philosophy. Unfortunately, nobody else in my household feels the same way. I agree with you, the more the merrier.

Ronda said...

Sounds like you had a lovely summer day...fried chicken sounds yummy right now! What a great idea for the candle...very pretty! Hope that you are having a fabulous day today... Love, Ronda

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
What a nice, cozy post.

I love the candle in the pitcher, what a nice idea.

I love to come here and feel at home.
xoxo~Tracie

Marina Capano said...

Hi Rachel,
What a nice, cozy post. I like so very much your blog and You have two award in my blog for you!
visit me anytime...
xoxo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like a great time! The candle in the pitcher is a great idea - especially on a windy day...
Penny

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Precious Rachel!
I am back in blogland once again, pop over and check it out, I still have lots of work to do, ok, Michelle of Shabby Creations is going to do the work, there I had to confess! :0
Missed you and your wonderful posts, I had to take a breather and I feel much better now...
Your having a wonderful summer, I am so happy for you and your whole family! Take care and we will "talk" soon...
XO,
Donna Lynn