Friday, July 11, 2008

Fresh Strawberry Cream Pie

The birthday boy wanted pie!
And so being the doting mother that I am (smile) he had pie! MMMmmm was it ever yummy!! The new driver is doing great. His mother (me) holds her breath and hangs on! It is so interesting to me with riding in a car almost everyday of his life, how there are things he still has to learn. I remember this with our 18 year old. It amazed me then too.

After receiving 100%, on his written test, the reward was the keys to the Yukon and a stint behind the wheel. Now who could tell a kid "no"? Just a few minutes down the road, a dog ran into the road right in front of us, and narrowly escaped with his life. He was so close to the car when he entered the street. Interestingly enough a similar thing happened on our eldest sons second time behind the wheel, only that time, it was three deer. How did the animals know to jump out at the last minute and give the new drivers a scare and test of their driving skills? Needless to say there was a flurry of conversation and comparison of "new driver stories".

Well ta ta for now! Keep us in your prayers!
Love, Rachel




7 comments:

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Oh, Rachel! It thrills me to see you putting photos of food on your blog!
Good luck to your new driver.
(don't tell...but, I'm still nervous riding in the car when one of my kids is driving!).

Denise

Anonymous said...

The pie was very delicious! I'd take another piece!!

I'm glad the driving is going good! Keep it up!

Love you!

Esther

Cottage Rose said...

The pie looks so luscious and yummy. Good luck with the new driver. Brings back memories of when my kids were first driving. That is when I started getting gray hair. lol;

Hugs;
Alaura

Glenda said...

Boy do I remember my son's driving adventures. I kept stomping on the floorboard but nothing happened. He 's a great driver, and I no longer stomp on the floorboard. That role has changed, and now he does that with me.

Ciao
Glenda

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and congrats to the new driver. That strawberry cream pie looks absolutely divine!

Anonymous said...

I had a lump in my throat over your sweet birth day thoughts of your 16 year old---just lovely. The pie with "16" in blueberries (?) was cute and looked super yummy. Glad his Yukon trip as a licensed driver went safely--especially with the "test" presented his way.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Rachel, what a delicious looking pie.:) I will keep you in my prayers, it wasn't all that long ago that (I took my life in my own hands) went driving with one of my own kids.
xo Lidy