Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Glad Game, Keith and A Mystery Object!

After showing you cheery splashes of colors from the beveled window a few weeks ago, and reading the comments about Pollyanna, I decided that I needed to watch the movie, so I raced off to the local library to check out a copy. I just loved Pollyanna's game of finding things to be glad about. The late Mary Crowley, founder of Home Interiors and Gifts, Inc., believed, "we must act our way into feeling, NOT feel our way into acting". If you think about that concept and wrap your brain around it, that is really the basis for Pollyanna's "Glad Game". She found things to be glad about whether or not she felt like it. She worked at being glad!


Some of you who read my blog may have figured out that Keith is one of my 5 brothers. He comments everyday! Keith has friends everywhere AND he has an unbelievable ability to stay in touch with them. Keith is an encourager to everyone he meets. I'm glad he is my brother. I am very blessed to be his sister. Today is Keith's birthday. SO in honor of his birthday, we are going to play the "Glad Game". The rules of the game are listed as follows:




The picture above is a mystery object. Leave a comment as to what you think the object is. Tell one thing you are glad about. And don't forget to tell me what your favorite candy bar is. The ones who comment will be placed into my weekly drawing. Whoever has their name drawn will have their choice of candy mailed to them.




Thank you for playing the "Glad Game" today!


Happy Birthday, Keith!!!


Love, Rachel



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL..WELL.. YOU GOT ME GOOD. THANK YOU FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETING. A FRIEND ASK HOW OLD I AM. I SAID SINCE I WAS BORN IN 50 I"M ALMOST 60. ANNETTE SPOKE UP AND SAID "WELL DONT SAY IT THAT WAY" I'M GLAD TO BE ALIVE AND WELL AND FOR MY WOUNDERFUL FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I'M GLAD YOUR MY SISTER! KEITH

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE MYSTERY PICTURE IS A BLANKET FOLDED OVER THE ARM OF A CHAIR.I'D LIKE A ZERO CANDY BAR. KEITH

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Keith. I am GLAD and honored to have met you Rachel, and that I have met all of your brothers and sisters.

My guess is that the picture is the reflection on the face of the cherub in the picture above it.

LOL, LSH

Anonymous said...

How perfect! You described Keith to a "T." Happiest Birthday Ever, Keith!

There are many things I'm glad about! A few: my family, many well-loved friends, a job that I enjoy, a cozy home, and the fun of your new blog!

I think the mystery object is the edges of a stack of pretty dishes.

I'd love to share a Snicker's candy bar with you and your little Sweetiepie!

Have a totally fun day!
Love, Esther

Rose of Sharon said...

Is it a close up of a floral plate???

I'm glad that spring is coming and we have had sunny days this week!

Good morning, I left a little something for you on my blog!

Hugs, Sharon

Hope said...

Hi Rachel,
Another fun post!! I'm glad for little cheery corners of my old house that make me smile!

I think the mystery object is a close up of the doily on the back of the chair in the first picture!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEITH!!

Hugs,
Hope

Mommy said...

Hmmm.... my guess is also a plate with a pretty floral edging on it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEITH!!

My favorite candy bar is Twix. :)

Farrah said...

It is most certainly the very same polar bear from last week. He has his snout in a bowl of cold confetti cereal, the colorful contents of which has dumped all over his head. He is thankful that the weekend is finally here and Valentine's Day is over so that he now find original Cadberry eggs easily and readily in almost any store.

And he wishes Keith a very Happy, colorful, confetti sort of day.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess a pretty plate. Whatever it is, it's pretty!

I'm glad for candles that brighten dreary days!

I would like an Almond Joy.

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday Keith. I think the mystery object is a child's spinning top. I'm so glad today is sunny and my whole family went out to work in the orchard and garden together. My favorite candy bar is a Kit-Kat. Thank you for stopping by my blog, Rachel, and for your kind comments. Blessings and "GLAD" Tidings, Kathi

Mommy said...

I forgot to put what I am glad about. Now don't laugh. We have a pskey little neighbor boy who comes by *every* day. He is really rough and obnoxious at times.

So I am glad that today we had a nice morning playing outside, without him coming over until it was "nap" time, LOL!

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday, Keith! You are blessed to have such a cool sister!

My guess is that the object is a close-up of a tea cup.

I'm GLAD that I am able to enjoy "pretty things" but that THINGS don't own me! (I love your blog background, for example!)

My favorite candy bar is a plain old original Hershey bar.... :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Birthday to Keith! I think the mystery object is the vinage doily on the back of the chair in the picture. My fav candy bar is a Heath Bar...
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

THANKS TO EACH ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY WISHES. I DID HAVE A VERY NICE DAY. A SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU RACHEL FOR THE HAPPY THINGS THAT HAPPEN ON YOUR PORCH. KEITH

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.