Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Book and a Song

A friend was getting rid of this old music book of piano duets. Did I want it? Of course I did! The cover is absolutely charming. Wouldn't it be neat to get the image enlarged to poster size and hang it on the wall? Jan, thank you so much for thinking of me, and giving me the book. I LOVE it.

Many of the compositions in the book are a mix of fairly common folk tunes and well known classical pieces. I've challenged myself to perfect at least one before I see one of my sisters again, who is a professional pianist! It will be so fun to play along with her.


As you rest today...know this:

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV Old Testament


Can you imagine standing over your child's crib and singing a night time lullaby? Is that how God rejoices over us with singing?

5 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Rachel, Glad you're back. That piano book brings back many great memories for me ~ thanks for sharing. Good luck practicing for your sisters, don't forget your scales...
xoxo,
Tracie

Anonymous said...

RACHEL WELCOME BACK. THAT IS A NEAT GOAL YOU HAVE SET. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT GREAT OLD TESTAMENT PROMISE. LOVE KEITH

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I've missed you!!

Anonymous said...

Can you think how incredible it would be to hear God sing!

I'm looking forward to your music! That will be too fun!

Love you! Esther

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Your photography is pretty. I'm glad you received the music book. I love old sheet music!

Katherine