Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's Official. It's BUG WEEK!

Well hello there little guy!
 
What's the view like from up there?
 
You and your siblings must have decided that you like to visit our porch.
 
How many of your family is here?
 
I see you and your brothers and sisters
 (or is that your parents?)
on the porch rafters and the windows and the rocking chairs
 and the hummingbird moths pulling nectar from the flowers
 and those noisy cicadas that keep landing on the porch floor and making that bzzzzzzz sound
 and the mosquitoes that enjoyed us as their tasty meal last night.

 Because of all this buggy activity,
I've officially named this week,
 BUG WEEK! 
Yes, it's Bug Week at A Romantic Porch.
Doesn't that make you feel special and proud, Mr. Bug?
You should.
Cold days are coming and soon you'll be gone.
Sniff!

Oh and by the way,
are you a
Praying Mantis
or
Preying Mantis
or
 Walking Stick?
Just what do you call yourself Mr. Bug?

And one more thing,
the most important thing,
though I really hesitate to call this to your attention.
Here at A Romantic Porch we generally say all visitors are welcome,
however when I learned that your nearest relatives are
termites and cockroaches,
uuuhhhmmm,
I really don't want them to come.
So, maybe...
don't let them know you are having such a wonderful time here.


1 comment:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is a cute post. No, I don't want any roaches or termites either! LOL! We called this creature a "Walking Stick!" Even tho it is so fragile, I was/am still scared of them! Ha! Don't like any creepy crawly creatures at all, no matter how small or big! After giving this a little thought, I don't think I've ever seen any of these walking sticks here in FL, I'm sure they are tho.

Katherine