Thursday, August 29, 2013

Not So Great Photos~ And how to make pancake syrup

So, yeah, you're right!
These photos of a little sauce pan on my stove just aren't that incredible!
I know it!
Though now that I look at it more closely, the purplish ring around the burner is kinda neat, huh?
HOWEVER,
this pancake syrup is out of this world.
My kids LOVE it.
In fact, if I buy syrup at the store and "cheat" by warming it up and serving it with pancakes, they are disappointed.
 
I really try not to disappoint them, because I love 'em and all and I try to be nice like that.
Just thought I'd throw that in for what it's worth!
 
So here's how ya do it!
 
How to make pancake syrup:
 
Grab a little sauce pan.
Or get it if you prefer that rather than grabbing it.
Just get one, cuz ya gotta have it.
 
Pack a cup full of brown sugar in a measuring cup and put that in the pan.
Measure a cup full of white sugar and put that in the pan.
Then measure a cup full of water and put that in the pan.
Then put the pan with the sugar and the water on the stove on high and let it come to a rolling boil for 5 minutes.
Well, I mean the total time the pan is on the burner is 5 minutes and it should be a rolling boil when you take it off.
Just turn on the burner under the pan and set the timer for 5 minutes.
That's how you do that.
Just thought I'd through that info in
because you might wonder,
and I don't want you to wonder.
Yeah, because I'm nice like that.
Ok so back to the subject...
...only 5 minutes cook time.
Then take it off the burner and add a dash of salt,
(probably about an 1/8 of a tsp.)
and a blob of vanilla
(probably about 1 tsp.)
Stir it.
And then when your pancakes are ready, so is the syrup!
It is ever so yummy.
And it's hot and steamy and melts the butter on the pancakes.
Well you probably could have guessed that it melts the butter,
but I told you anyway.
Now go try it for yourself. 
OR
how do you make your syrup?
 
Recipe:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
cook 5 minutes
add 1/8 tsp salt
add 1 tsp vanilla
stir
eat!
on pancakes of course!

1 comment:

Victorian1885 said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! Have a great weekend!