Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Have My Very Own Stove Top Cleaning Fairy!

I have a stove top cleaning fairy.
I'm so blessed.
.
The other day she fluttered in through the back door with my brother.
She's his wife.
He's so blessed!

She brought desserts and bread and lemonade and tea.
And we ate and ate.
We are so blessed!

I wouldn't let her wash dishes.
She was VERY blessed.

She laughed and wondered what her "little mix" would do for my stove top.
I love my white ceramic top stove.
It is nine years old.
When we bought this old house there was a VERY OLD white ceramic stove top stove.
It was almost on its last leg, or uh, burner!
We finished it off and completely wore out that old stove.

When the old stove wore out, we used another stove.
We've never gone hungry because of using old stoves, I don't suppose.
We are so blessed!
 
Time passed and I was able to get a new stove.
I was thrilled.
I loved all of its shiny whiteness.
I felt blessed!
 
I have never wanted a stainless steel stove.
I have never wanted a black stove.
I didn't want a black ceramic top stove.
 
I wanted white.
I wanted a white ceramic top stove.
I know...I sound so demanding and obnoxious, don't I?
 
I love my stove.
Amana ranges didn't ask me to tell you that.
Nope, they didn't even pay me to say that!
 
 
And yes, it is hard to keep clean and looking nice.
The name brand cleaner that they recommend to clean the stove top doesn't work.
Well at least not with the level of cooking, or is it "cooking over" that I do.
Amana ranges certainly didn't ask me to tell you that either!

I clean it though.
It really takes a lot of "elbow grease" if you know what I mean.
Sometimes my husband cleans it.
Wow! He's awesome too, because he can really make it sparkle.
He's just awesome anyway.
I am blessed!

After several years and many meals,  our stove has been getting harder to clean.
That's when my stove top cleaning fairy swooped in.
In about eight minutes flat, she had my stove top sparkling white!!
I'm not kidding.
 
She made a paste of Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide.
With a soft abrasive sponge she rubbed the paste into the "burned on goo".
In a couple of places she used a razor blade to lift up the hardest spots.
She just sorta scrubbed here and there and all around.
She told great stories while she was cleaning it.
And we laughed.
And we realized we are blessed!
 
I stood and ate rice and gravy and watched her work and listened to her stories.
Now that makes me sound really spoiled and obnoxious, doesn't it?
But right before my eyes, almost in an instant, the stove was sparkling like new.
 
It looked so simple.
It looked so effortless.
I was amazed.
My husband was amazed.

It's so much more fun to cook on a clean stove.
It is easy to clean it after it cools. 
With just a simple paste and a few swipes of a sponge, it is back to looking like new.
After cooking on a white ceramic stove top for years, nothing has cleaned it like this!!

I'm so happy I almost want to jump up on it and tap dance.
Now that REALLY makes me sound obnoxious.

I love my stove.
I love my stove top cleaning fairy.

She used Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide mixed together in a "soupy paste".
That is it!!
That is truly all.
I think she said she got the idea off Pintrest.
She has used it on all kinds of things.

I'm going to try this mix on the glass window inside my oven door next.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Or on second thought, maybe I will call my personal stove top cleaning fairy to do it.
I'll let you know how that goes too!!!
 
So have YOU used Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide to clean anything?
Just wondering.
Try it.
You will feel so blessed!
 
Rachel

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I've had that fairy visit me; but she has new tricks up her sleeve! I even have a child that often wants to summon the stove cleaning fairy; perhaps he could be her apprentice? :)

Stove Top Cleaning Fairy said...

Leslie, I just KNEW you'd get a chuckle out of this!

And Rachel,I have now been alerted to have my can of WD-40 on hand the next time I visit. That stove will be all scuffed up from your tap dancing shoes! Don't think it'll help the scratches though, so be careful!

Judy said...

I have a stove similar to yours only black. I can never get the burner I use all the time clean enough. I'm going to have to try this. Wish the cleaning fairy would come to my house :)

Willow said...

Great tip I am going to try this scrubby stuff . Yes I will be using this tip ...unless we happen to have a cleaning fairy fly by tonight.