Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December Featured Porch

When we travel for 10 or 12 hours, over the river and through the woods...to grandmother and grandfather's house, this is the romantic porch that welcomes us at the end of a long tiring journey. Today is the wedding anniversary of my mother and father in law. December is a special month for them and I thought it would be so fun to feature the ones who gave my husband the gift of life. For that I have undying gratitude. It is truly a gift that continues to give!
This is what my mother in law had to say about their darling front porch. "The Christmas Season is such an important time of the year to me. It is the time of year that I met my husband and then 2 years later we married, just in time to get our own little tree for our very first Christmas together. My husband and I both enjoy the lights of Christmas so much and enjoy sharing them with our neighborhood, by lighting up our porch and the front of our house, we are sharing goodwill with them. Our neighborhood is so pretty right now.
When one lights their porch and house, it seems to inspire others too. I believe because Jesus is the light of the world, that is why we use so many sparkling dancing lights at Christmas time to show our joy of the season."
So Mom and Dad, thank you for being willing to share your romantic porch with us. Happy Anniversary. I'm sure you'll celebrate. Most of all, thank you that your family included my very own "Mr. RP"! I love you too!
Rachel


14 comments:

Mom Going said...

Thank you, Rachel, for all your kind words. I enjoyed seeing our porch. :~). We did enjoy our anniversary so much. We went to the Billy Graham Library last evening where it is decorated for Christmas and took their tours of the old home and museum. It was worth our effort to drive up there to see.

Lady Farmer said...

I would love to decorate the front of our house, but as we live 1/4 mile off the road, there is no one to see it! So we just enjoy other peoples who live near the road as we drive by!
Thank you for sharing your in-laws beautiful porch!
Blessings!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

We went nuts with the lights this year....I love them. Going for a walk after dark and enjoying everyone elses displays = big fun! Have the Merriest of Christmas's xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Jennifer said...

Hi Rachel, Your hubbys mom and Dads porch is just beautiful.Miss your blog posts.Your dresses are beautiful.Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas,Jennifer

Claudia said...

What a beautifully lit-up and decorated house! I love what your MIL said about sharing goodwill with the neighborhood. That is such a wonderful way to put it.

xoxo
Claudia

Esther said...

What a beautiful porch! And happy anniversary to the Goings!

And Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Love, Esther

Jay Whipple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blushing rose said...

Very inviting & warm entry. Love lights ...

Follow/read us on new blog @
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon

Unknown said...

Wonderful job my dear...gosh it's such a great time of the year...We are out caroling tonight in our small town and it's so exciting to see all the wonderful festive decor around our neighborhood. You must come visit my blog and enter your tree in our contest!

FrancisMoore said...

Lovely porch.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Such a wonderful nostalgic warm Holiday Porch!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Donna

Bab's Kitchen said...

It's Beautiful!

Lynn said...

Rachel,
I just found your blog. What a beautiful tribute that is to your in laws and your husband. How blessed they are to have you in their life loving them so. I loved the story of your in-laws meeting and then marrying in time for their fist Christmas tree together. What a wonderful Christmas blessing your blog is to me. Merry Christmas.
Lynn

Ari's Fashion mark. said...

Hi. im new here at blogging. stopped by to say yor picturs are so beautiful.Hope all is well.