Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun Wedding Day Memories!

I grew up on a small farm in Northwest Arkansas with an assortment of animals that across the years included cows, goats, horses, mules and one donkey named Becky!
We had a two wheel cart that Becky would pull while someone rode on it. One of my nephews loves horses. He was very fond of Becky.
On the morning of our wedding, as the early morning summer breeze blew through the open windows of my bedroom, I was startled awake to the sounds of my nephew yelling, "Oh Becky, (crash bang) no no NO (bang bam bam), whoa, whoa Becky!" Apparently he had harnessed Becky up for an early morning ride.
Our home was built on a fairly steep hill that overlooked the creek below. As Becky came around the corner of our house they hit the metal trash barrels and she and the cart began to careen out of control with my nephew on it! Thankfully, no harm was done.
However, our adrenaline was pumping and I had a 6:00 A.M. wake up call!
It has been a fun thing to remember across these years.
This morning I asked Mr. RP what awakened him on our wedding day?
"Well it wasn't a donkey," he replied.
I laughed.
I'd do it all over again.
You betcha!
Happy Anniversary! Mr. RP!
So what woke you on your wedding day?
Love, Rachel

17 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Well, it would make a fun story for me to say it was that same nephew of yours with Fred, Becky's brother, on our Missouri farm... but while we did indeed have Fred at that time, I don't recall that he was the one who woke me up! Actually, I don't remember waking up that day. Does that mean I slept right through it? Nah. I distinctly remember being wide awake!

Happy Anniversary! It's fun to share the "wedding year" with another couple who is living as happily ever after as we are! Enjoy your day!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

What awoke me on my wedding day was knowing I was leaving town ... forever ... with no regrets.

I love your story ... Happy Anniversary. TTFN ~Marydon

Unknown said...

What a cute memory! I'm glad your nephew was not harmed, nor was Becky.

pse said...

I didn't know that "story." Where was I, that nephew's mother?

Happy anniversary!

Salmagundi said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I woke up on my wedding day with a hangover - too much rehearsal party. It was the best thing, though, as I vowed never to drink again. And I haven't had an alcoholic drink in over 50 years. Have a Happy Anniversary. Sally

Dori Overman said...

I didn't know that story either! And I must be that nephew's FAVORITE sister! (Karla, don't argue...you know I am!)

Kelee Katillac said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Love the great story!

The Going Blog said...

Happy Anniversary! That is a great story. I'm afraid I can't top that :) I hope you had a special day together yesterday.

Claudia said...

Happy Anniversary! I suppose the sun woke me on my wedding day - that and the excitement of the day ahead!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a great story. I woke up late in the morning and went to the nail salon with my side of the bridal party after we had a wonderful breakfast:) A boring story but it was still fun:)

Ronda said...

Loved that story...it made me smile! Hope that your day was EXTRA special and romantical! :)

Donna Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary Dear Sweet Rachel! I would do it over again too, I adore my husband and thank God for him everyday! It is such a blessing when you are happy in marriage.

Take care and have a wonderful 4th with your family!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Pat was in the Marine Corp and had gotten leave to come home and get married. We went to Yuma Arizona and got married and returned home in the wee morning hours after a long and tiring drive and climbed into my little twin bed in the room I shared with my baby sister. We woke with my mother shaking Patrick's big toe and laughing at the sight of us trying to stay on that tiny bed. The entire family was standing around looking at us. Pat was 6'1 and 185 pounds. :) That's my memory. I loved reliving it for you. Thank you. That was 55 years ago this past June 18th.
Hugs to you...
Mona

Anonymous said...

The author of rachelgoing.blogspot.com has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: Mornings would be much easier to handle if they just happened later in the day. Thanks for the info.

Unknown said...

Yeah this article make me inspiring cause its gave me many lot of inform which is was very much essential for me.
seo company

. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.