Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Trying To Keep Up!

By now I'm sure it comes as no surprise to you that I'm totally inspired and energized by Spring. I'm completely fascinated with this Bleeding Heart Plant, and feeling just a little overwhelmed with all the emotions that life seems so fling my way!
Compare this picture to the one above and you will see as the blooms on this plant have matured, that the little red "flap" or whatever you call it(...yes what do you call it?) has lifted up and pulled away from the white petal that hangs down, leaving it to look as though 2 tiny drops of blood are falling from the bloom. I hope if you are interested that you can see what I'm talking about. I'm amazed. Who could deny the miracle inside?

A sweet sweet friend gave me this tea towel and plate of cookies, yesterday. She knew I'd love the colors and the the cookies too of course. To say it was so SWEET of her is an understatement!
And so another month goes...Spring is in full swing. Time tick ~ tocks along. The house project, in spare time, inches its' way to completion. In fact, on Saturday between all his other work that was necessary, and mowing 3 lawns, Mr. Romantic Porch, repositioned 3 porch posts, added 2 new ones, on another section of the house wall took off the 2 layers of the siding we're removing and bagged it. I'm telling you it is a lot of fun to work with him, and my oh my is he ever a fast worker. He did all the "housey" stuff in about an hour and a half...maybe a tad bit longer. My stomach still lurches when I think how high he was getting off the siding...he said he thinks that painting is the hard part!! Well now, I just can't help but love a man like that. Because I'm HAPPY to paint. I'll post more house pictures soon.
Have a fun day. I hope you have a wonderful one planned.
Love, Rachel

20 comments:

pse said...

Rachel, sounds like you may not have to take the crowbar and hammer up the ladder with you today. That's a relief! The bleeding heart is beautiful.

Kathi said...

Rachel, Your bleeding heart photos are jus gorgeous. I agree, you can just see the miracle of creation when looking at it. The cookies and tea towel are such a loving gesture from your friend.

I always pray for my husband when he does dangerous things. You probably do too. It's amazing what our guys will do and do so successfully for the joy of it and for the love of their families.

Have a wonderful day, Kathi

Aliene said...

Rachel,
I stand in awe at the bleeding heart. Only God can create beauty
like that.

Am I the Ant or the Ain't? Can't remember!

Have a lovely and blessed day!
Aliene

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I'm so happy for the progress you're making on the house. It amazes me what the men can get done when they have the time. "Mr. Ramblin' Roads" (to copy your styling... but come to think of it, that's an excellent name for the Man of the House around here!)pulled up deck boards and put in concrete block thingys underneath to reinforce the foundation of our back deck on Saturday. My contribution was to find a patio table and chairs at the thrift store that day! Now I'm off to plant a few little flowers back there. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

lauralavon said...

I love all the pictures your share, Rachel! The bleeding hearts our amazing beauties. You continue to inspire me. Thanks.

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

I just love sugar cookies....the tea towel is a perfect too.
Hope you have a lovely day :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of the bleeding hearts! Thank you for sharing!

I can hardly wait to see more pictures of your house! It sounds like you're really making progress! Stay safe!

Love, Esther

Ronda said...

"Mr. Romantic Porch" is pretty amazing to do all he did in that amount of time! You all are a TEAM! Loved the beautiful pictures of the "bleeding heart"! So neat! Have a wonderful day!

Picket said...

Beautiful post my friend..I loved the Bleeding heart...I have a pink one...I do so agree with you about a porch...I have to have a porch on every house I live in...there is nothing like sitting on a porch that just somehows speaks to your inner spirit...brings so many sweet memories for me of summers at my grandparents..sitting on the porch and shelling peas or snapping green beans and just listening to them talk..if I lived in a tent it would have a porch! lol I think it is awesome that you are restoring life to your sweet home...may you have many years of love and happiness to fill those walls with...have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel! Just stopping by to see what you've been up to. My stupid server is not cooperating today so I cannot see any photos that were posted-the pits. ;( Hold on to that wonderful guy, I doubt you'd ever find another like him!
Hugs,
Liv

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Rachel,
Your bleeding hearts are beautiful, my white ones are just starting to bud out...it is cold and sunny today and things are popping out of the ground finally!
Keep up the good work on the house, you are soooo inspiring to me! Have a great rest of the week,
Donna Lynn

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Rachel - As I was "blog stalking" tonight (that's what my kids call it! Ha!), I ran across your blog! How fun! I'm going to add you to my list of favs.
If you get time, come visit me at http://sentimentsbydenise.typepad.com/
Denise

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rachel,
I love Bleeding Hearts, they're beautiful and I agree, a miracle.

What a nice gift from your friend.

Glad to hear you're full of energy on this wonderful day of Spring!
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
You are definitely keeping busy. I will send you my porch pictures by Friday, I promise. I am off Friday so will catch up on things.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bleeding heart pictures. I guess I hadn't realized when the are fully opened they look like they have to two drops of blood falling. Beautiful!!
I to am eager to see more house pictures. Praying for your safety while you are "climbing"
Love you, Donnie

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL,THOSE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, AND YOUR COMENTS WERE TOO. KEITH

{oc cottage} said...

I know it's not the point of your post, but I love those cookies! They make my head spin! YUM!

M

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh Rachel, What a beautiful plant and fabulous photos.
man, that man of yours sure can work. You guys are just getting so much done.
look forward to more photos soon.
Alison

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Happy May Day, Rachel!

xo~Tracie

Unknown said...

I love bleeding heart plants! I actually just put some in my garden...hope they grow...I am not much of a green thumb...lol!