Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Red Lobster Biscuits

Around here we call them cheddar bay biscuits. I have no idea why.  I think one of our sons started calling them that years ago.  They taste hauntingly like Red Lobster Biscuits.  This is how I make mine.  You won't be able to stop with just one.  I promise!  Maybe you should double the recipe like I do.
;)
 
So let's bake some up. 
 
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
 
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. parsley
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix Bisquick, milk and shredded cheese together in a bowl until well combined. Drop by spoonfuls on  a greased cookie sheet. I use melted butter to "grease" the sheet.   Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Mix melted butter and garlic salt and parsley in a separate bowl. Brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes about a dozen.

Eat one all by yourself standing by the oven, while the biscuit is still piping hot because when the boys come through there won't be any extras.   Just wanted you to know that!  It's important that you know.  I warned you!
 
We had these yummy biscuits last night with our lasagna and fresh pepper strips.  We love these little peppers and usually eat them whole, but last night I cut them in strips while the biscuits baked. The pretty little orange and yellow and red strips of fresh and yummy pepper cuteness just made my heart soar. 
 
Well almost!
 
Rachel
 
P.S. If you make these with Bisquick brand mix, they will be lighter in color than the one on the plate in the photo above.  I make my own Bisquick mix and I use 'white whole wheat flour', so mine are a little darker than if I used the Bisquik brand purchased from the store. 
I like to know what "chemicals" I am eating.  That's why!
And they are still just as yummy. 
These opinions are strictly my own.  No one forced me to say they were yummy. 
They just really are.
Well, see for yourself.

Have you ever made "Red Lobster Biscuits"?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yup, love 'em! May have to have them again soon.

Judy said...

I love these, and haven't made them in awhile. I need to make my own Bisquick so that I can make them.

Attic Clutter said...

oh love the Red L's biscuits..
yours sound just like them(:)

Donnie said...

No, they sound delicious. I will make some soon! Love you.