Thursday, February 14, 2013

Embracing LOVE

And I wonder,
do my words and expressions, my tone, do they say LOVE?
I shudder.
Do I show love, true LOVE?
And I ask myself, do I even love?
Really, do I truly LOVE?
Is LOVE the force behind my actions?
So I press in and fall on LOVE. 
Always seeking more of LOVE.

Does it drive me?
Does LOVE consume me?
Is it behind every breath and sigh?
I cringe and struggle.
I'm a mess.
I can't keep on.
Things go wrong.
Plans change.
Dreams dim.
I'm confused.
Frustrated.
Tired and fearful.
I don't know what to say.
I don't know what to do.
Yet does LOVE speak through me?
When I fail and falter, can LOVE be seen in me?

Love hurts and splits open and spills
and in the spilling and hurting, LOVE multiplies and grows.
In the spilling, how does it grow?
I want to know.
So in the growing I press in and fall on LOVE.

  I know the Author of LOVE the Giver of LOVE.
It's a gift.
It's free.
I seek to know the Author, the Giver more!
In the spilling and hurting the growing and multiplying,
I seek and accept.
It's free.
Love frees me to be who I was meant to be.
So I press in and fall on LOVE.  Always seeking more of LOVE.
Not striving but falling.
Embracing LOVE.

~ rachel going ~
 
P.S.  These aren't mere words.  From the time I was a small child I have thought these things and pondered this question.
Happy Happy Valentine's Day my sweet peeps!  I hope you find joy and happiness all around today, but most of all...inside!

4 comments:

Donnie said...

1Another WOW! You keep me thinking, seeking and growing. Have a wonderful "Love of Heart" day. Love you.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I love your post, Rachel. True about love, my friend are all these things!

Happy Valentine's Day to you today and love every day.
xoxo~Tracie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is wonderful! Very deep, food for thought. So real.

Thank you.4618

I hope you've had a nice Valentine's Day!

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That's funny that number popped up there! LOL! I hate that word verification thingy!

Katherine