Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Our Cotton Candy Sign

Years ago we found this old sign that had been left in our carriage house.  With delight I rescued it and nailed it high up on the porch wall.  It has been there ever since.
 
I wish I knew the story behind it.
Last summer I bought Martha Stewart's brand of pink glitter paint to repaint it. I thought the sign would be so cute painted pink, but the pink seemed to dry clear with just a little bit of sparkle from the glitter. So I stopped painting and the sign is still red.  You can't tell where I tried to paint it.
 
 I was kinda glad that I didn't change the color last summer. But now, I'm back to wanting it cotton candy pink again.
 
Hhmmm what to do, what to do, to paint or not to paint?
 
Rachel

2 comments:

Donnie said...

What to do, what to do? You can paint it the cotton pink then, if and when you want, you can change it back to red. At least that is what I would do. I like that sign, it gives the back porch a nice "many memories" Summer feel.
Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

It's so, so good to be back in the blogging world!! I'm so glad that you've kept yours up! Love it!