Friday, January 18, 2013

Infinity Scarf Alternative

I found this necklace somewhere at a thrift store or yard sale and snagged it for a buck or two.  I honestly don't remember the details.  Though I didn't really like the look of it, however, with the length and the big chunky chain I knew I would be able to re purpose it in some way.
Thanksgiving morning I had the idea to use it to give my very "boringish" black outfit some pizazz.  I shortened the chain, pinned a piece of trim (one yard purchased at Jo Ann Fabric) in place and hot glued it on.
 Later I found some rhinestones and beads cast away from another project and I hot glued those on the rosettes.
I LOVE infinity scarves.  They dress up the most mundane of clothes. I think that the girls who wear them look so stylish and cute.  But with all this brown curly hair going on, they just don't fit my style.  Around my shoulders and neck, an infinity scarf feels like too much of a wad.
This piece is going to be so versatile.  And it was easy!  Anyone can do it.  It is simply a cast off necklace and rhinestones and a yard of trim of your choice. 
For my girlfriends who don't like to sew, this was ALL done with hot glue...you're welcome!
:)
Rachel

2 comments:

Donnie said...

Beautiful, I like it. That is the way God works in our lives. Takes the mess we are and makes us into something beautiful and someone He can use.
Have a good day. Hugs, Donnie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a beautiful necklace, nice job!

Thanks for doing the subscription, I joined!

Katherine