Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (well not mine but hers)*revised*

Several weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon, my cell phone buzzed.  Answering, I heard my son's voice.  With amazement he said, "Mom, you've gotta see this Limo.  It is PINK.  And I'm not talkin' about Mary Kay Cadillac Pink."  I've just gotta love a guy that can come up with a description like that!  So the rest of us jumped in our car and drove to see.  We could have easily "hoofed" it on foot, but hey, why not drive?  So we did. 
I loved the driver's costume as he stood "guard" over his wheels.  Top hat and cane, it was all there.  He nodded as we passed.  I may or may not have been hanging out the window with my phone taking pictures.
For those of you who follow programming on the "The Learning Channel" (TLC) you will be interested to know that the wedding taking place was being filmed for an upcoming episode of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" which is scheduled (according to our local paper) to be aired in the Spring. 
A few days after we snapped these photos, our paper had an interesting article about how it all came to be.  If you've read my blog for a while you may remember that this tiny wedding chapel was used for the filming of Season 3-Bret Michael's "Tour of Love".
I blogged about that in September 2008.
The newspaper article stated that the Bride's dress carried a modest 50' wedding train.  Yes I said, MODEST FIFTY FEET.
I have done several dresses for brides who were married here in this darling little historic church, but admittedly, none have sported a 50' train.
Have a happy day.  I hope you see pink!
Rachel

2 comments:

Donnie said...

WOW, I don't think many people will miss seeing her. It was her day and she wanted to be seen!
Have a wonderful day. Donnie

Unknown said...

Oh my! I like pink, but that's a lot of pink! :-)