Monday, November 24, 2008

Keepsakes From The Heart

I call this the keepsake tree. If you've given me some little bauble or trinket, it can most likely be found in this tree. I know a lot of people don't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. For us the season seams to move so quickly, that we like to savor our special moments across a few weeks, so our Christmas decor is up. Though I wouldn't say it's finished. Is it ever finished? Yes, I've been known to put something in a tree right before I take it down...just to see how it will look you know.
Thank you to all of you friends, family and acquaintances who faithfully ready my blog and then let me know that you are enjoying it. I appreciate it so much. I enjoy reading your comments and emails, or getting your phone calls or simply running into you and hearing it in person. This world wide web is an amazing thing. Whoever thought I could write it and someone in South Africa, Australia or right here in my little town could read it all at the same time? And you do! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
If you'd like to wish Karla a happy birthday today, you can click on the cute little kitty in my sidebar and you'll zoom right there to her desktop and be able to do that! Karla, I hope your day is super happy!
Love, Rachel

5 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beautiful keepsakes! I'm sentimental too. I'm working on the decorating long before your American Thanksgiving as I like to enjoy the season as long as possible. Truth be told, I'd probably keep my tree up all year round if I thought I could get away with it! Thanks for sharing; enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner & enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Salmagundi said...

I have to admit I'm anxious to get started on the Christmas decorating; but I'm trying to hold off until after Thanksgiving. The glimpse of your tree is wonderful. Sally

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Karla! I hope it's the best yet!

Beautiful tree! It is fun having a "sentimental tree!"

Have a great day!
Love, Esther

Attic Clutter said...

HI love the little keepsake tree
Yes Christmas it so fun..I have a little tiny trees up too (:)
I have my brakes on till the day after Tahnksgiving~~
big hugs, Patty

joyh82 said...

What a neat idea, a keepsake tree!