Thursday, January 29, 2009

Friends. Like. That!

Recently we've had the fun experience of friends dropping by to eat with us...only I mean, they brought the food! The first couple made a gourmet meal of chicken Alfredo and Alfredo dipping sauce with salad. They had me on the first mention of the salad! The second set of friends said, "If we bring pizza, can we come over?" Well, of course!
So we scurried to pick up toys......fluff the pillows and throws...
...hang the coats neatly in a row...
...and light the candles...absolutely don't forget to light the candles!
It was a total blast of fun as we ate great food, with great friends and laughed and laughed around the table. Oh it feels so good to laugh! I love laughing and making memories with my family and friends. I remember my parents doing that. Their home was always open. They shared what they had. Don't you just absolutely love Friends. Like. That!
Okay, so our door is open...well, it's cold outside so we'll open it when you ring the bell AND if we can get it warm enough in here, drop by! Who's comin'? The soup is simmering!
Hey, just let me know if you are on your way!
...I'll pick up the toys
...fluff the pillows and throws
...well you get the drift!
Love, Rachel





11 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

'Morning Rachel,
I'd love to drop in! Your place sounds like such fun. We love having company too. Have a wonderful day and stay warm!

Blessings,
Sandi

Dori Overman said...

I DO love friends like that...I call them low maintenance friends. I honestly don't have time or energy for high maintenance people. Our house is usually full of highschool and college aged kids. I guess because we usually have someone here helping with Garrett and they love bringing their friends. Apparently we are fun! We think the more the merrier! At least when our kids are high school and college age it won't be a shock when it comes time to pay the grocery bill...we are already feeding that demographic!

D.K.Fisher said...

WOW! Sounds like my house. We have family and friends in like that all the time too. It is great fun, especially when they bring food too. :)

Michele said...

Hi Rachel ~ I wish we lived closer...that would be so much fun hangin out with friends and laughing. And you wouldn't even need to pick up the toys and fluff the pillows!

Hugz,
Michele

Carolyn said...

That sounds like so much fun-wish I was close enough to stop in with pizza. Here it is so windy today I'm surprised our door doesn't blow open!
Take care,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Your home is way too fun! No wonder we all beg to drop in!

Have a warm and sunny day!

Love, Esther

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OK! Warming up the car..on our way!
Naw..just kidding! I just wanted to see you run around and get crazy picking stuff up! :)
Sending you hugs cuz I have been there and done that! Now everything stays..well.more or less in place..hardly any "picking up" to do. I would say I miss it all..but truthfully..I LOVE putting things down and when I go back they are there. IF I can remember where..wait..what was I telling you???
Mona

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

It sounds like you are having lots of fun during this cold weather. Now that'a a good thing! Be happy.

Warm Blessings,
Brook

Patti said...

Hi Rachel~ That sounds like so much fun- especially when there is no cooking involved!

~Patti

kayleeg2005 said...

hey rachel, i'll be there in an hour!! lol!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Rachel, What fun! I'll bring the dessert next time :-)