Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Caroling

Do you like to go caroling? You know...where you ride around in the cold and dark, jump out at different homes and sing Christmas songs to the people who live there while you stand out in the front of their house. I have great memories of doing this as a child. It is always neat if the people open the door and stand and listen to you. It is also fun to give them a plate of cookies or treats when you are finished singing.
A few nights ago, while driving, my husband and I thought it would be fun to jump out and sing at several friends homes that we were driving past...the kiddos...not such a great idea in their opinion. So we didn't. sigh* sometimes impromptu adventure makes the best memories*
But who wouldn't enjoy a rousing rendition of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" all special just for you on your front lawn?
I think I better go bake some cookies and prepare myself for another caroling adventure.
I thought you might like to see a photo of the mantel...just using things that I already have. I guess that is the way I decorate usually, just using things in different ways.
Have a fun Saturday.
Love, Rachel

8 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Rachel,
You have a beautiful mantle! I went to only three houses last night on the Tour because the weather was horrible. Carolyn's house, of course was the best, in my opinion. I gave her a hug just like you asked me to. Her home is everyones dream. I had seen it before but never at Christmastime.
Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I wish you could come help me decorate my house and sing Christmas Carols on my front lawn.
All your decorations are so very pretty.
Your posting on Friday was so very good and so spoken from your heart.
Love you, have a wonderful day.
Donnie

Carolyn said...

Hi Rachel,
Love the mantle.You can come and sing carols at our home anytime!
Thanks for the hug via Sandi.
Take care,
Carolyn

Victoria Lynn said...

Rachel,
Wow, your mantel is gorgeous! Oh, I DO love caroling! I have memories mostly of youth groups and choirs but also chaperoning my daughter's choir/youth groups! So much fun! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

Anonymous said...

I would have loved for you to stop and carol! I love to go caroling and miss doing that!
Your mantle is gorgeous!
blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mantle, Rachel!

And wonderful memories of caroling!!

Happy Saturday!

Love, Esther

w00ts up said...

Your mantle is lovely! I would go caroling but I make dogs bark like crazy. Plus the only key I can find.... goes to the front door.

Unknown said...

What a lovely mantel! Caroling is such sweet fun! Inexpensive, too! LOL!