Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Hats We Wear


Wow! Thank you everyone who commented yesterday or emailed me. I was truly amazed and touched by your kindness. Jennifer, Karla, Kim and Penny all let me know that they were adding "A Romantic Porch" to their favorites list, and I'm SO appreciative. I have been truly amazed with this whole process, and how much it has changed in just 10 days.
Hats come in many shapes and sizes and serve many purposes. I LOVE hats!
People come in many shapes and sizes and serve many purposes. I LOVE people!
I'm curious...what is your purpose today? Think about it and let me know.
For today, my purpose is to show kindness and encouragement to others, to watch what I say and how I say it.
Always hope for a better brighter day. If hope is slipping away, hold on tightly. It may be with the ragged edges of your fingernails and the last bit of strength you have but hold on and don't let go! NO! Don't let go.
Laurie you're in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm "hoping" you'll soon be good as new.

5 comments:

The Going Blog said...

My purpose doesn't sound very noble but it is necessary. I am the family taxi and will be going on at least 7 runs by evening. 8 if I get myself fixed up enough to be out in public. (ha) I have pictures to pick up at CVS and then I can SCRAPBOOK!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

My purpose for today is to teach you how to make a link in your post! ;-) Call me!

Ronda said...

I love your "purpose" for today....If only more people realized what an impact their words have on others! Your words were also encouraging! I want to have a "positive" outlook today and be uplifting to my family! Once again...love your blog! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Ah! This makes you think! My purpose today is to make people smile by teaching them music! I LOVE your picture! It's beautiful! And your blog is so much fun! Love you! Esther

Anonymous said...

RACHEL I CAN JUST SEE YOU IN THIS HAT.YOUR PICTURES ARE VERY NICE. I LOVE TO READ THE COMMENTS. YOU HAVE A GREAT WAY WITH WORDS AND PEOPLE. JUST KEEP IT UP.KEITH