The picture on this vintage card of needles, reminds me of this big wide world of blogging where ladies and gentlemen of similar interest come together for a chat, sharing, caring or just having fun. Notice how dressed up these ladies are. In the world of fashion, the "CUTE" trend is coming back around. I'm so happy. I love cute!!!!!
This picture also makes me think about Hope at Second Time Around. She tagged me. I guess if we were sitting together doing needlework, she'd be interested in knowing 7 random things about me, so I'm gonna see what I can figure out to say that might be of interest to the rest of you. If you're not interested, it's OK to stop reading here, and have a fun day! For those who do want to keep reading, here goes!
1) I'm the youngest of 5 daughters. All 5 of us have 5 brothers, and I'm the youngest of all of those too! Make sense? Think about it. One of my brothers made that riddle up!
2) I learned to spell my middle name in 2nd grade. It's Ernesteen! Ever heard of it? I love the little ring that it makes, when you say it, NOW that I'm an adult. Well, say it! Rachel Ernesteen. See what I mean. I am proud to be my mother's namesake. Her first name was Ernesteen.
3) I was born and raised in Arkansas. Gotta love a place with a Spring and Fall like no other.
4) Because I was raised in Arkansas, I'm really, really good at milking goats!! Yes, I promise.
5) I made my first "doll" when I was four. 2 pieces of fabric cut in the shape of a person, stuffed in the middle with more fabric scraps and sewn around the edges by hand with several strands of red embroidery thread. Well the thread HAD to be red because the fabric was white with red flocked cherries on it. I still remember sitting under the dining room table working on it, while mother cut out another sewing project for herself. My intense desire for creating and designing, has never gone away from that time till now.
6) I love puppies!
7) My favorite colors are pink, pink, pink, pink, and green, green, green, green.
Whew, yep, that's 7. Hope, now that is hard. Makes me think, "who am I really"? I'm supposed to tag 7 more people, but since I'm so new to this, I've got to figure out who I want to do.
Until I have more to say, have a super fantastic day!