Sunday, May 25, 2014

An Unexpected Reminder

Last week we drove a couple hours North to Wabash
 and then headed West a few miles,
 deep into Indiana farm land. 
 As we rounded the bend toward our son's friend's house,
 there across the barren corn field stood this barn
 with the flag image shingled into the roof.
 
I was caught by surprise to see it there.
And  I was proud.
My phone lens attempting to zoom across a half mile or so,
simply doesn't do the picturesque scene justice,
but it still reminds me
of my heritage,
my freedom
and
my memories
of loved ones
gone before.
Thank you to those men and women
in uniform who have made the ultimate sacrifice
for our freedom.
 
Sometimes we just need a visual reminder, don't we?
~~~~
Fear not, for I am with you.
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you.
Yes, I will
 help you,
I will uphold you
with My
righteous right hand.
 
Old Testament Book of Isaiah
Chapter 41 verse 10
~~~~~~~
That is really great news!
Isn't it?

1 comment:

Donnie Pirtle said...

Beautiful! Yes, we do need to be reminded. That is one of my favorite verses. Have a wonderful day.