Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Perfection ~ Roses In A Vase

Perhaps at times you have driven along country roads enjoying the summer breezes and the smells of summer wafting through the air. And if those summer country smells haven't been so pleasant maybe, just maybe, as you cruise the city streets you've seen gorgeous roses that you wanted to take home for your table and enjoy roses in a vase. 
Maybe you have longed for things to be way way way different than they really are.

In that picture above I can focus on that one brown petal on that one pink rose and freak out and think you don't want to see my imperfect photo of roses in a vase.
Or I can choose to share the joy of  the roses in a vase, with one brown petal.
 
Sometimes our own ideas, preferences or opinions, hold us back from pure joy, from sensing a measure of success and satisfaction.
 
The "ideal of perfection" distracts from good.
 
The joy of a good life can be hindered by my perception of an "ideal life".
The joy of good children can be hindered by my perception of "ideal children".
The joy of a good house can be hindered by my perception of an "ideal house".
The joy of a good job can be hindered by my perception of an "ideal job".
The joy of a good husband can be hindered by my perception of an "ideal husband".
The joy of a good marriage can be hindered by my perception of an "ideal marriage".
 
Who defines perfection anyway?

2 comments:

Donnie Pirtle said...

Beautiful vase of flowers. Something to think on. Have a wonderful, perfect day.

Willow said...

That is a beautiful vase of flowers .
I now enjoy more of the of simple pleasures in life rather than spending all day trying to figure out what perfect is .