Monday, March 19, 2012

Today's Goals

Saturday evening my daughter and I met with an elderly lady who was sharing some troubles her children has gone through.
At some point I said, "There are times when life just throws you"...then I paused as I searched for the right word to use, and without missing a beat my little girl said,
"milk and honey". I said, "What?" She said, "Life throws you milk and honey Mom." With astonishment in my voice I said, "That's right. That's what we are going to say that life throws us milk and honey."
Then she proceeded to tell the lady an OLD TESTAMENT story from the Bible that our family loves, where Caleb and Joshua went to scout out a new land. The ones with them were scared of the Giants that lived there, but Caleb and Joshua said, "No way, we've gotta go. The land is flowing with milk and honey." They meant it was filled with plenty of good things.

So today's goals...
Do NOT be anxious about anything...

Think on good things...the milk and honey in MY life...I am grateful!

How about you? What are your goals for today?

4 comments:

Donnie said...

Wow! the insight of little children. That we all can take God's promises as simply as little children. My goal is to do that!
Have a wonderful day! Love you.

Mom Going said...

That makes my Grandma heart happy.

Esther said...

What an amazing thing for a child to think! Just like her mommy! A deep thinker! Love you both! Esther

Cottage Rose said...

What a lovely post,,, sometimes we don't give our younger children enough credit... smart young lady...

love the photos..

Hugs;
Alaura