Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October Featured Porch

If you haven't met the extremely talented Donna Lynn and her beautiful dog, you don't know what you're missin'! This amazing lady can sew, build furniture, paint a house and probably anything else that sits still just a tad bit too long! She arranged all the flowers for her son's wedding and "baby-sat" his puppy to boot. She home schools, cooks, and loves her family. Her beautiful home was featured in Country Sampler this spring. Donna Lynn zips her way around blog land leaving happy messages of encouragement and cheer.


She has a BFF Victoria who is highly talented also and made this beautiful and crisp fall arrangement in Donna Lynn's window box. It is simply breathtaking.


Donna Lynn, whipped these little black wooden benches together in a couple of hours. Can you imagine? In my opinion, this porch ensemble is darling beyond description!



Tiptoe up and knock on the door. Her pumpkins send a seasonal greeting. I think I smell mulled cider perking. Give Donna Lynn a great big hug at Blushing Rose Antiques, and tell her I sent you!





Have a wonderful day!

Love, Rachel




11 comments:

Ronda said...

What a delightful porch! The owner sounds like a neat lady...thanks for sharing her pretty porch with us! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. I missed you. Hope to see you this week end.

Love you,

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing! The porch and her home look beautiful.
Glad you are back. Hope all is well.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

((Rachel))
I have missed you!!
What an adorable porch!
I love the pumpkin fun too!

xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful porch! Thanks for sharing it!

Love you!

Esther

Tricia said...

Oh My Gosh, Those fall decorations are so relaxing. Almost like being there in person.

Victoria Lynn said...

Rachel,
I have missed your posts, girlfriend! Hope you are well. It was fun seeing Donna Lynn's pictures on your blog~ wish you could see her home in person, it is so welcoming, warm and inviting (as is Donna Lynn). I had a fabulous time visiting her! Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

My Petite Maison said...

Ooh Rachel,
This makes me want to decorate the porch for Halloween.

Donna Lynn's porch is beautiful and so is Honey (I think that's her name...). Really nice pick this month - I love it!!
xoxo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

HI RACHEL, GLAD TO SEE YOUR BACK. I KNOW YOU ARE BUSY. KEITH

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest sweet Rachel!
Thank you so much for honoring me and my porch on your blog post! That was really, really nice! I sure wish you could come over and have a hot cup of tea with me and visit, wouldn't that just be wonderfully fun???

I know how busy you have been lately, and I am praying for you and for your family for God to rain down amazing blessings, for physical, spiritual and financial needs!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Kathi said...

Rachel, your friend's porch is lovely. Those benches are so cool. I'd love to be able to put something together like that. I have a hard time believing in myself. Once I take that step though, something usually comes together. Thanks for the pictures. They encourage me to try. Hugs, Kathi