Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's All Clean

No, I'm not airing our "dirty laundry", it's all clean! Funny thing...the twine that I use for a line, stretches as more and more clothes are added, so I just use the pretty rocking chair from A Romantic Porch, to hold the line up and the clothes continue to dry. Until I get a new line, I love this one! When we replace the dryer, I'm heading to the local auction house to get it. They have some really sweet deals. Don'tcha just love "wind blown" clothes, as my second son aptly calls them?
Have a fun "wind blown" day!
Love, Rachel

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI,
Good blog! The picture reminds me of laundry day in S.W.Oklahome where I grew up. The wind would really pop the clothes, and oh, how good they would smell. With freshly washed and dried sheets put on a bed that the mattress had been aired in the bright, hot sun all day!!!!! How good it felt and smelled.
Have a wonderful day. Love you, Donnie

{oc cottage} said...

And everything smells so heavenly
when it's line-dried!!! YUM!

M ^..^

Michele said...

I love line dried linens...ohhhh just to crawl in bed with sheets that were dried outside!!! Almost makes me want to go home and do laundry...huh??? Nahhhh!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of line dried clothes! And then the smell of fresh air that they bring into the house when they're dry makes the inside of the house smell nice, too! Add that together with saving electricity and you have a winner all the way around!

Enjoy your day!

Love, Esther

Ronda said...

I remember my Mom hanging clothes on the line..sweet and good smelling memories!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rachel,
I still hang out my sheets and LOVE IT. Sometimes I think I;m so OLD fashion and simple. Works for me and my husband. Warmly, Deb

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I used to love hanging our laundry outside on the clothesline! I miss that these days. They always smelled so fresh!

Katherine

Alison Gibbs said...

Nothing like fresh wind blown clothes
Alison