Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Why Do I Wonder These Things?

So after having all day today to think
 
 about the post I did last night
 
 about the wishberries,
 
I began to wonder...
 
what if I were a wishberry
 
so to speak?
 
Have you ever wondered that?
 
Have you wondered
 what it would be like
 if you were a wishberry?
 
I know...
that's a crazy thought.
 
What if  you and I were battered
 
by rain
 
and wind
 
or the innocent breath of by standers
 
or kicked around with a heavy leather boot
 
by the wiles of living?
 
What if the seeds of our lives just turned loose
 
and floated
 
floated away?
 
It's kinda freaky really
 
if you think about it,
 
because
 
that is happening constantly
 
to you
 
AND me.
 
The seeds of our lives
 
are spreading influence.
 
Influence for good,
 
or bad,
 
or indifference.
 
Where do those seeds go?
 
Actually, where have they gone?
 
Has my influence mattered?
 
Have I had a positive affect on others?
 
Have I brought joy
 
or encouragement?
 
Have I been faithful?
 
Have I been trustworthy?
 
Have I bloomed
 
where ever the seeds of my life have fallen?
 
In all my failings
 
as a wife,
 
a mom,
 
a friend,
 
a sister,
 
a daughter,
 
a daughter in law,
 
have I still had a positive influence?
 
We really can't control life
 
not really,
 
not absolutely.
 
We can do our best,
 
our very best,
 
with our circumstances,
 
and let that be good enough.
 
The wishberry seeds are blooming
 
where they are planted.
 
 





No comments: